UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

Tim W.'s article in the TU makes a good point about how this matchup won't/shouldn't alternate sites each year. But the article fails to address our qualms. Most of us recognize that having 1 game every other year at SEFCU would limit the fans' ability to attend.

What we are arguing for is a change in the ticket allotment or seating arrangements and/or having the game twice a year. Home and home. It's real simple. November game at the TUC; mid-season game at the SEFCU.

Playing twice a year, or treating the TUC game as a neutral site as far as ticket allotment goes, would seem to abate a lot of our grievances.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, this topic gets hammered to death year after year, and deservedly so.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with the terms.

Everyone has good points... ones brought up every year.

UA gets its dinky allotment in the lower corner, so buying through the AD does support the school, regardless of how minimally.

Home and home alternating years, one option.

Splitting arena and tickets down the middle, another option.

It's not a money thing for me, it's getting good seats for our university and fans.

The game should be played at the knick. So, the real solution is splitting the arena.

I like seeing the girls play as a part of the grand event.

Back to reality, we get screwed each year, and each one of us need to decide how we handle

the situation.... go or not to go... go and where to sit...

McElroy, step up and make some changes to this current debacle.

I was going to mention this a day ago, but Bob is one hell of UA sports fan.

There are quite a few posters on here that are as well. We all support UA athletics, in our own way,

and we all have different perspectives on this game.

If you stay home or go elsewhere, cool.

If you go and buy through the AD, awesome.

If you go and buy through the knick, you're a fool! Just kidding, cool, and more power to ya.

WELL SAID. I AGREE 100% Thanks for saying so well how most on this blog feel.

hey guys... been while since ive posted (or read) here.

not all Siena fans are dillusional (just ask ClickClack). I think this will be a very competitive game. Siena should be more athletic but less experienced.

- Wright as the incoming FR PG who was POY in Maryland as a Senior should have a decided impact on this game.

- I dont like Hymes as a D1 player but his speed may work against UA. His decision making etc... well that is another story. Simply my least favorite player on the team

- Poole SHOULD be one of the better/more experienced players on the floor. Can he defend a guy like Odunsi etc?

- Long FR is going to be a tough matchup but UA should be taking it right at him to see if there is anything to this foul prone talk. If he can stay out of foul trouble UA will struggle to contain him. Can he rebound well enough against UA?

- Ogunyemi FR is going to be a fine player for Siena and is already ahead of Silas in development. He has a diverse skill set and capable defender. What i wonder about is a guy like Puk being really physical with him and how he (and Long) will react.

- Wolfe FR off the bench will be interesting. He is perhaps the most athletic player ever at Siena. he is a bit slight of build at this point though. Leaping wise he is capable of touching the top of the back board. He is also a fairly capable 3pt shooter.

- Im really disappointed that White FR is injured. I felt like he would be a real problem for the non BCS teams on Siena's schedule. (Think Antoine Jordan as far as toughness and some of the same skills)

- Oliver SO I simply feel that he will be permanently limited in mobility thanks to two knee surgeries. Supposedly capable shooter but we haveint really seen much from him

- Audu SO is a low D1 player in my opinion. He might have a good game or two but overall ... it is what it is

- Bisping SO is a low D1 player as well. He might have a good game or two but overall ... it is what it is

no other way to put it... a TON of youth and the experience on the team is a hold over from a disgusting excuse of a coach. I might feel better about this game if it was played three or four games from now when the team has had a chance to work out a few kinks. As it stands now... it could go ANY way. Blow out this way or that... close game this way or that... and if history teaches us anything... a game like this will be close... come down to who makes less mistakes and stays out of foul trouble. Just too much inexperience on both sides to really predict. If i was UA i would like your 3, 4, 5 matchups with the experience you have. If Im UA ... im concerned about containing Wright and Long.

hey guys... been while since ive posted (or read) here.

not all Siena fans are dillusional (just ask ClickClack). I think this will be a very competitive game. Siena should be more athletic but less experienced.

- Wright as the incoming FR PG who was POY in Maryland as a Senior should have a decided impact on this game.

- I dont like Hymes as a D1 player but his speed may work against UA. His decision making etc... well that is another story. Simply my least favorite player on the team

- Poole SHOULD be one of the better/more experienced players on the floor. Can he defend a guy like Odunsi etc?

- Long FR is going to be a tough matchup but UA should be taking it right at him to see if there is anything to this foul prone talk. If he can stay out of foul trouble UA will struggle to contain him. Can he rebound well enough against UA?

- Ogunyemi FR is going to be a fine player for Siena and is already ahead of Silas in development. He has a diverse skill set and capable defender. What i wonder about is a guy like Puk being really physical with him and how he (and Long) will react.

- Wolfe FR off the bench will be interesting. He is perhaps the most athletic player ever at Siena. he is a bit slight of build at this point though. Leaping wise he is capable of touching the top of the back board. He is also a fairly capable 3pt shooter.

- Im really disappointed that White FR is injured. I felt like he would be a real problem for the non BCS teams on Siena's schedule. (Think Antoine Jordan as far as toughness and some of the same skills)

- Oliver SO I simply feel that he will be permanently limited in mobility thanks to two knee surgeries. Supposedly capable shooter but we haveint really seen much from him

- Audu SO is a low D1 player in my opinion. He might have a good game or two but overall ... it is what it is

- Bisping SO is a low D1 player as well. He might have a good game or two but overall ... it is what it is

no other way to put it... a TON of youth and the experience on the team is a hold over from a disgusting excuse of a coach. I might feel better about this game if it was played three or four games from now when the team has had a chance to work out a few kinks. As it stands now... it could go ANY way. Blow out this way or that... close game this way or that... and if history teaches us anything... a game like this will be close... come down to who makes less mistakes and stays out of foul trouble. Just too much inexperience on both sides to really predict. If i was UA i would like your 3, 4, 5 matchups with the experience you have. If Im UA ... im concerned about containing Wright and Long.

Good post...

Regarding Wright, not sure if anyone heard Patsos interview last night around 5pm or so on ESPN radio...he went on pretty extensively about Wright. Indicated that he has some concerns about him, that he is a good player but he's a POY in Maryland but in the public league which is SIGNIFICANTLY less competitive then the Catholic league (he harped on this point several times) where all the stars are. Indicated a number of times that he isn't battle tested and while he is talented he has concerns with his readiness.

Who knows could be coach speak but I was a bit surprised that he downplayed the POY in Maryland as much as he did...

Edited by Clickclack

Good post...

Regarding Wright, not sure if anyone heard Patsos interview last night around 5pm or so on ESPN radio...he went on pretty extensively about Wright. Indicated that he has some concerns about him, that he is a good player but he's a POY in Maryland but in the public league which is SIGNIFICANTLY less competitive then the Catholic league (he harped on this point several times) where all the stars are. Indicated a number of times that he isn't battle tested and while he is talented he has concerns with his readiness.

Who knows could be coach speak but I was a bit surprised that he downplayed the POY in Maryland as much as he did...

i believe a lot of that is coach-speak. He is attempting to lift the pressure from these kids ... which is obviously extremely high. Wright in particular is a bit quiet and reserved and that is something Patsos is looking to address and doesnt want the added pressure of hype in that recipe. Hasbrouck played with/against Wright and specifically has stated that Wright is the real deal and going to be excellent for Siena. I would take Kenny and his opinion over professional talker Patsos in this case LOL. For Wright... it will indeed be all about maintaining composure. If I am UA i play TIGHT and Oppressive defensively as much as possible and rattle this young team early

With the new rules in college basketball on hand checking and playing defense, the more athletic teams have a huge advantage over slower physical teams like UA and UVM.

If Long and Wright are as athletic as the above post indicates (1) those kids should play in a BCS conference and (2) UA is going to have a tough time with them.

"We have 3,000 (fans with) season tickets. Everything else is good. The team just needs to win more games."

While I would love to have this many season ticket holders, this dispels the myth Siena fans spew about how many season ticket holders they have on record. And, I am sure Siena fans will say, "Patsos has no idea of the actual number" however, you better believe he asked that question when interviewing...so he knows.

With the new rules in college basketball on hand checking and playing defense, the more athletic teams have a huge advantage over slower physical teams like UA and UVM.

If Long and Wright are as athletic as the above post indicates (1) those kids should play in a BCS conference and (2) UA is going to have a tough time with them.

See I don't understand this talk...did you see the scrimmage? Maybe I should start a poll on how many people thought UA was lumbering and un-athletic. I mean even Will Brown addressed the makeup of this team...

"We have 3,000 (fans with) season tickets. Everything else is good. The team just needs to win more games."

While I would love to have this many season ticket holders, this dispels the myth Siena fans spew about how many season ticket holders they have on record. And, I am sure Siena fans will say, "Patsos has no idea of the actual number" however, you better believe he asked that question when interviewing...so he knows.

i believe the season ticket number peaked under Fran. It is currently around 3,000. it had dropped by about 500-800 per year under Mitch.

i believe the season ticket number peaked under Fran. It is currently around 3,000. it had dropped by about 500-800 per year under Mitch.

Good thing you fired him or you'd be at UA season ticket holder levels...good grief! That man did some serious damage...lol

Edited by Clickclack

See I don't understand this talk...did you see the scrimmage? Maybe I should start a poll on how many people thought UA was lumbering and un-athletic. I mean even Will Brown addressed the makeup of this team...

before you go all BCS on me as you did... Long is a problem because he is 6'6" 234 and can dribble like a combo guard. Wright gave a brief glimpse all be it against NJCU with 8 assists against 1 turnover. The really "athletic" guy is Wolfe his problem is that at 6'9" 200 lbs that can be a problem playing the 4/5. Long is capable of playing in the A10. Wright is slight as was Moore ... very similar size. He is a pass first PG.

Wright signed under Patsos and then blew up his senior season. He had a great relationship with Patsos and decided to stay with him. He had some high levels sniffing around when Patsos left Loyola.

Long's mother really wants him to get a chance to play the three or at least work with a coach who will attempt to take advantage of his skill set. He is a tweener and thus not a guarantee at the next level as a 3 nor a 4 as he would be undersized. I think building a relationship with the mother was the biggest reason Long didnt wind up in the A10 or similar.

Both have that ability. The question is ... will it be realized this early (ie game 1) of their careers?

Edited by SaintsFan

When we shut down a guy like Coley on Stony Brook and beat UVM and SB during the regular season, then we are athletic.

Perimeter defense has been our weakness for years.

I really really hope I am surprised Friday night. Looking forward to seeing the new guys tomorrow because I was not at the scrimmage.

before you go all BCS on me as you did... Long is a problem because he is 6'6" 234 and can dribble like a combo guard. Wright gave a brief glimpse all be it against NJCU with 8 assists against 1 turnover. The really "athletic" guy is Wolfe his problem is that at 6'9" 200 lbs that can be a problem playing the 4/5. Long is capable of playing in the A10. Wright is slight as was Moore ... very similar size. He is a pass first PG.

Wright signed under Patsos and then blew up his senior season. He had a great relationship with Patsos and decided to stay with him. He had some high levels sniffing around when Patsos left Loyola.

Long's mother really wants him to get a chance to play the three or at least work with a coach who will attempt to take advantage of his skill set. He is a tweener and thus not a guarantee at the next level as a 3 nor a 4 as he would be undersized. I think building a relationship with the mother was the biggest reason Long didnt wind up in the A10 or similar.

Both have that ability. The question is ... will it be realized this early (ie game 1) of their careers?

I was addressing UA_MA...not sure what going all BCS on you means. Clearly UA doesn't have BCS level athletes but UA_MA and you make it seem that it's a team of Brett Giffords...You may very well be more athletic at certain positions and that's fine. But you can't run if you can't rebound...

Edited by Clickclack