UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

In a blog entry today by Timmy W. of the TU, there is a quote by Coach about not mistaking his team's size for lack of athleticism and about playing up tempo if need be. Awesome!

Coach is right; he knows what he has better than any of us, and he is pretty darn good at matchups.

OT, but under the radar here is Devlin. If I recall correctly, we don't win that game up in Vermont last March without his clutch shots along the way, especially in the first half.

We might start slow against Siena being on the road and all, but I trust Coach's use of his assets and his ability to adapt during the game.

Patsos is also knows as a mediocre in game adjustments coach...tremendous recruiter and sales person but listening to Loyola fans on the MAAC board he can be outwitted. Give Brown time to prepare and he more often then not has a great game plan.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patsos is also knows as a mediocre in game adjustments coach...tremendous recruiter and sales person but listening to Loyola fans on the MAAC board he can be outwitted. Give Brown time to prepare and he more often then not has a great game plan.

Last year his Loyola team took a 17-pt lead on us in the first ten minutes, then we tied them in the last minute (only to lose on an Aleksandr Belov move with MAAC refs at the last second). And if you find Patsos hard to hate, just wait - I figured he should've been called for at least three technicals that game.

Has Ed Bemiss come out with his annual "Brown is a terrible coach, just look at my numbers" rant yet?

Last year his Loyola team took a 17-pt lead on us in the first ten minutes, then we tied them in the last minute (only to lose on an Aleksandr Belov move with MAAC refs at the last second). And if you find Patsos hard to hate, just wait - I figured he should've been called for at least three technicals that game.

Has Ed Bemiss come out with his annual "Brown is a terrible coach, just look at my numbers" rant yet?

I haven't seen Patsos coach in person, ever... I've obviously heard the stories. Listening on the radio he seems like a nice enough gracious guy... Maybe it's all pr bs... Hopefully brown cleans his clock tomorrow.

As for Ed... Lol, haven't seen anything out of him yet... He's probably just waiting to pounce.

I haven't seen Patsos coach in person, ever... I've obviously heard the stories. Listening on the radio he seems like a nice enough gracious guy... Maybe it's all pr bs... Hopefully brown cleans his clock tomorrow.

As for Ed... Lol, haven't seen anything out of him yet... He's probably just waiting to pounce.

I also have only seen him coach once, the game 72 was talking about where he displayed his clown like tendencies that I am sure will be on display until the refs start following the rule book on that :)

Don't know and don't care how he comes across on radio interviews. My radio still has an on off switch and a "dial" :)

If he continues the great job Mitch did there, he will be OK in my book. Otherwise Not :)

Good luck tonight boys-- one thing though , if you are going to quote me, please do so correctly- never said our guards will cause havoc. Jimmy’s press is designed more to speed up opponent than to turn you over. Might see a bit more trapping tonight to see how UA’s unproven backcourt handles it. As you guys will see tonight Siena has much more overall team speed than UA- So Siena will try and push the pace. UA has more experience and size and will try to control the tempo and make it a half court slug it out game ( favors UA) . Had Maurice White been healthy Siena might have started 4 freshmen tonight- as it is starting 3 freshmen- normally not a recipe for success, but these are talented kids, so UA better get them this year, might be your last chance for a while ..

Nice to see so many UA fans coming in from all over the country for this game. Do you think you get more people at this game than any other regular season game in Albany? I have many UA friends and they love this game at the TUC- gives UA a taste of playing in front of a big crowd in your home city- has to be great experience for the UA players. I always wondered why UA Doesn’t get more fan support, do you think Brown’s half court style plays into that ? or maybe his career record? And please note this is not a shot—honest question on why UA doesn’t draw better You have had some decent teams, but UA lags far behind Siena basketball, but probably also RPI and Union hockey ( don’t know that for sure)

Good luck tonight boys-- one thing though , if you are going to quote me, please do so correctly- never said our guards will cause havoc. Jimmy’s press is designed more to speed up opponent than to turn you over. Might see a bit more trapping tonight to see how UA’s unproven backcourt handles it. As you guys will see tonight Siena has much more overall team speed than UA- So Siena will try and push the pace. UA has more experience and size and will try to control the tempo and make it a half court slug it out game ( favors UA) . Had Maurice White been healthy Siena might have started 4 freshmen tonight- as it is starting 3 freshmen- normally not a recipe for success, but these are talented kids, so UA better get them this year, might be your last chance for a while ..

Nice to see so many UA fans coming in from all over the country for this game. Do you think you get more people at this game than any other regular season game in Albany? I have many UA friends and they love this game at the TUC- gives UA a taste of playing in front of a big crowd in your home city- has to be great experience for the UA players. I always wondered why UA Doesn’t get more fan support, do you think Brown’s half court style plays into that ? or maybe his career record? And please note this is not a shot—honest question on why UA doesn’t draw better You have had some decent teams, but UA lags far behind Siena basketball, but probably also RPI and Union hockey ( don’t know that for sure)

LOL

classic tony post. him not knowing has never stopped him from talking as he even admits. The part I put in bold can apply to anything he has said for years and how many times has he said the part I put in intalics.

Tony at this point in time $iena is behind UA in Men's & Women's Basketball as well as overall athletics.

The one thing you have is an aging, large capital region fan base.

It's tough when that's all you can currently hang your hat on. Our attendance fits right in there with all AE, NEC and MAAC teams (except $iena). "It is what it is" but pretty soon you and the $iena fanatics should stop counting fans and start counting "W"s.

Our attendance fits right in there with all AE, NEC and MAAC teams (except $iena).

This is correct. Of 22 Division I programs in NY, Albany attendance ranks sixth (we're also sixth in enrollment). Of course we're told that's because of BPG and made-up attendance (because apparently only Albany has promotions or would pad numbers).

Syracuse 22439

St. John's 7330

Siena 6361

St. Bonaventure 3987

Buffalo 3093

Albany 2904

Binghamton 2614

LIU 2519

Cornell 2251

Fordham 2225

Iona 2114

Hofstra 1936

Manhattan 1719

Niagara 1655

Columbia 1597

Canisius 1579

Wagner 1507

Stony Brook 1447

Marist 1355

Army 1300

St. Francis 582

Colgate 458

Tony is going to come back and say we pad our numbers...because no one else including Siena does the same. He is going to tell us that last year there really were 6k+ fans at the TUC....

I really hope we win tonight....Siena is poised to go 9 in a row again and probably a couple of sweet 16's. As for today's game...I heard Siena can run with the 80's Lakers. Not sure how we'll keep up.

Here is the year to year breakdown from since we went D-1. Looking at the figures and our short history in D-1 I say we are doing well.

2012-2013 2904

2011-2012 2480

2010-2011 2163

2009-2010 2646

2008-2009 2826

2007-2008 3031

2006-2007 3175

2005-2006 2541

2004-2005 2040

2003-2004 1193

2002-2003 1803

2001-2002 1516

It is their avg is a little over 6000 without the UA game. However I have got to give the MAAC credit for scheduling. All the Siena home games last season except for one was during the weekends. I would think the AE should look at that. Bet that would increase attendance.

Edited by B9j2j6s

I have to say first that I am so happy this site is getting more traffic and posts! As for the game, I really wish I could make it up there tonight because I haven't missed this game in a while since it is usually on a Saturday. Is the only way to watch the game online through the Siena website?