UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

If any of you want an ENJOYABLE read go to the "Aints" site and read through a couple of their threads and see how their loss had nothing to do with us.

It was their foul shooting, it was their poor 2nd half shooting, it was ticky tack fouls and of course it was their inexperience.

No one talks about why their superior guard play didn't dominate or why their superior athleticism didn't dominate.

No one mentioned how they were going to press us and run on us for 40 minutes.

No one mentioned we hammered them by 28 over the last 30 minutes.

The more I read the more I realized how lucky we were (LMAO)!!!!!!

After having a double digit lead they lost by double digits but we didn't wear them down!!!!

I've been in there a lot and taking it to them on the MAAC board as well. Those people are delusional over there...in fact many have already predicted a win for next year. Over a span of 30 minutes UA outscored them by close to 30pts (28) and yet the moral victories over there are priceless. They had a good 10 minutes then it was a methodical beat-down. Not sure how one can spin being outscored by 30 over a 30 minute stretch...THIRTY!

My only regret is that we came out as sloppy as we did with the TO's and jitters...this thing would have been a 20+ beat-down. Everything went their way even a banked 3.

Edited by Clickclack

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are now trying to compare Lavon Long to Alex Franklin off of Friday's game.

Though, I think Long is a good player I didn't see one iota of Alex Franklin's athleticism out of him, in fact he actually looked a step slow.

As a 4 showed he had no answers for stopping Sam. He was on the floor for 35 minutes and wasn't an impact player

Yet, they are anointing him as the next Alex Franklin!!!!!!!

They are now trying to compare Lavon Long to Alex Franklin off of Friday's game.

Though, I think Long is a good player I didn't see one iota of Alex Franklin's athleticism out of him, in fact he actually looked a step slow.

As a 4 showed he had no answers for stopping Sam. He was on the floor for 35 minutes and wasn't an impact player

Word on the street is that if Alex Franklin and Michael Haddix had a baby his name would be Long. Not sure how our slow unathletic front court kid put up 17 and 9...primarily on Long.

Edited by Clickclack

Wasn't impressed with Long whatsoever. I was impressed with Rowley though.

And I was impressed with our depth.

We played 11 guys...and one, not even a real outing (Odunsi) and that kid is going to be a MAJOR contributor.

Think about that for a moment...we have 10 solid outings...one guy who is going to be a major contributor...and two others (Ede and Enemma) who can ball.

I honestly cannot think of a team this deep in the AE. And you better believe that no matter what happens this year, Ede and Enemma will be expected to contribute in a big way next year.

This...may be Coach Brown's TOUGHEST year of coaching to-date; he has to convince 13 players that their roles...are their roles...and their ONLY role is being the best teammate possible. If he can do that, we will have two very special years ahead of us.

Overall, however, I was impressed with Siena's freshman. I think they will continue to improve and be tough for us the next few years. Then again, the Siena game is always a tough and hard-fought game.

And our depth was really impressive. Wiegman looked awesome out there. What an improvement from last year!

Overall, however, I was impressed with Siena's freshman. I think they will continue to improve and be tough for us the next few years. Then again, the Siena game is always a tough and hard-fought game.

And our depth was really impressive. Wiegman looked awesome out there. What an improvement from last year!

Agreed...I think they finally have a few nice pieces. There is something definitely there to build upon.

Wyland had Iorizzo on at 10:30 today, Brown at 11. Pete mostly talked the 'aints spin, energy in the TUC, etc. but did say the women's game should be a different day and played at SEFCU and the ARC.

Will liked the way we played after the first ten minutes, except we got stagnant for five possessions when they went zone. Odunsi looked nervous and made a couple of mistakes so only played two minutes. Devlin has had leg, foot, and sciatic pain for the past week, had a cortisone shot last Monday; he won't practice every day and see how it goes.

NJIT plays a 6'5" center and four guards at 6'2" and under, so we'll try to pound it inside

I was out all day yesterday so just seeing this now. Wilkin shows himself to be a horses ass adding a dopey opinion. timmy, the point is a garbage school like LCC should not be the home team in the community built arena every year.No reason it can't be something other than "an LCC home game" I would have no problem playing 1 year at LCC home(if they had one) and 1 year at Albany's home but supposedly you can't do that because more in the community need to go. But then you turn around any argue that LCC tickets holders have precedence over the community. without any good reason for that thought at all.

Should we also move all the RPI/Union hockey games to RPI also because not every fan can fit in union arena.

"All Brown wants is for the UAlbany fans to have a puncher's chance to get some decent tickets. Because it is a Siena home game, it is included in the season-ticket package. Prime seating for this game goes to the Siena season-ticket holders, which, of course, it should. This is a Siena home game."

http://www.timesunio...ely-4971120.php

You see, you say garbage school, which is incorrect, and you lose some credibility. It would be nice if it was a neutral site game with the sides split evenly, but it's not currently. If that ever happens it will be great. If we can keep growing our fan base, maybe we'll take over the place. Until that happens, I can live with it. I enjoy the wins, where ever they happen.

Amazing 1 of our (?) fans is bothered more by me LCC a garbage school than by the ticket arrangement.

Edited by bob87

Well, technically he's right. Siena the institution is a fine place (no worse/better than UAlbany academically) I'm sure. Siena the athletic side of it, however, is not.

Call it how it is, and try to leave the low level stuff to the Saints fans.

Well, technically he's right. Siena the institution is a fine place (no worse/better than UAlbany academically) I'm sure. Siena the athletic side of it, however, is not.

Call it how it is, and try to leave the low level stuff to the Saints fans.

Sienna & UA are very different places Academically and Athletically and in some cases that is better or worse. With no Graduate program to speak of Siena is a nice place for nice average kids to go. UA has big problems with student / professor ratio but the academic profile is better, the diversity at UA is much better and awesome, and the research is continuing to improve and obviously in some areas - top notch. Don't let any private school pundit fool you - New York gives more aid to private colleges than ALL OTHER STATES COMBINED = Bundyaid - look it up in the nys budget. Just wait and see how our UA explodes as our endowment - a relatively new idea at NYS Colleges, grows to support the mission. TAKE PRIDE - more 1st gen college students GRADUATE from UA than any other college in the state - even our much larger brothers at UB and Stony. Athletically, the difference is easy to see. Besides Bball and an occasional anomaly, UA Athletics is the pride of the capital region. As our facilities improve the region will come around to that conclusion as well. there is no comparison between the schools, no reason to low ball them but also no reason not to crow loud about UA.

For entertainment purposes I thought Bob and others would find it funny that so far Patsos does indeed have more technicals than wins. In his loss to Vermont tonight he was called for a T.

Wins: 0

Technicals: 2

"Tempers became heated with 5:25 left when Siena’s Maurice White and Vermont’s Brian Voelkel went to the floor for a ball and got into a scuffle.

White and Voelkel were both assessed technicals and then Siena coach Jimmy Patsos had words for Voelkel on the court.

The teams had be separated and Vermont’s Candon Rusin was whistled for a technical, his second of the game, and was ejected.

During the same stoppage in play, Patsos was speaking to the officials at the scorer’s table when Vermont coach John Becker approached them. Patsos and Becker, who went to Catholic University together in the late 1980s, were both called for technicals." http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/vermont-beats-siena-77-66-in-foul-fest/16392/

Edited by MsGDG

For entertainment purposes I thought Bob and others would find it funny that so far Patsos does indeed have more technicals than wins. In his loss to Vermont tonight he was called for a T.

"Tempers became heated with 5:25 left when Siena’s Maurice White and Vermont’s Brian Voelkel went to the floor for a ball and got into a scuffle.

White and Voelkel were both assessed technicals and then Siena coach Jimmy Patsos had words for Voelkel on the court.

The teams had be separated and Vermont’s Candon Rusin was whistled for a technical, his second of the game, and was ejected.

During the same stoppage in play, Patsos was speaking to the officials at the scorer’s table when Vermont coach John Becker approached them. Patsos and Becker, who went to Catholic University together in the late 1980s, were both called for technicals." http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/vermont-beats-siena-77-66-in-foul-fest/16392/

At first I thought bob was crazy... But he may be crazy like a fox... We should keep tabs after every game... Maybe with a graphic or something. His temper plus lack of talent may in fact mean the technicals win out.

What a mess they are...

Edited by Clickclack

"Tempers became heated with 5:25 left when Siena's Maurice White and Vermont's Brian Voelkel went to the floor for a ball and got into a scuffle.

The teams had be separated and Vermont's Candon Rusin was whistled for a technical, his second of the game, and was ejected.

During the same stoppage in play, Patsos was speaking to the officials at the scorer's table when Vermont coach John Becker approached them. Patsos and Becker, who went to Catholic University together in the late 1980s, were both called for technicals." http://blog.timesuni...oul-fest/16392/

At first I thought bob was crazy... But he may be crazy like a fox... We should keep tabs after every game... Maybe with a graphic or something. His temper plus lack of talent may in fact mean the technicals win out.

What a mess they are...

:D I am expecting double digit T's from Patsos this season if the closer officiating continues for the whole season. More fouls in losing efforts = even more opportunities to call T's on him especially if the refs follow the rules on T's as well :D .