UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game#2 - NJIT at UA

Quotes from Santillo..and I would post some from Wilkin..but he has none.

DP and I decided Wilkin was probably sulking from having lost a $20 bet on the bouncing pony race.

That's a tough race to handicap in his defense. I did like that Keyana Williams DQ'ed someone for not bouncing. That has been long overdue. It's a bouncing pony race, there are rules people.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AndrewSantillo38s

it's worth noting that UAlbany was not looking past NJIT because the two teams scrimmaged last year and the Highlanders won

We didn't play well for most of the game but NJIT is a pretty good team. They shot pretty well and was quick. They won 16 games last year and played St. Johns, Villanova and Seton Hall pretty tough.

I liked DJ's game again tonight. He took good shots with nothing looking forced.

I really liked how fired up Puk was toward the end of that game. Good to see some visible fire from him.

Usually early in the season zones will cause problems. Most teams spend about 70% of their time working against man to man stuff because most teams play primarily man to man "D".

We neeed consistent perimeter shooting to loosen a zone right now DJ is are most consistent perimeter scorer. As Haas gets more comfortable and Peter becomes more consistent from the perimeter the inside will open up, I hope.

Early in the first half Ithought Sam got beat up a little with no calls.

I also think CB trying to find time for a deep bench has some awkward lineups on the floor at times. It's early and I think things will sort themselves out fairly shortly, that's what the non-conferemce is for I think????

We didn't play well for most of the game but NJIT is a pretty good team........

I really liked how fired up Puk was toward the end of that game. Good to see some visible fire from him.

Yep, and yep.

We picked up the intensity late, pulled out the W and protected our home court. 2-0

That 3 pointer by Hooley was huge... without it, I don't think we take the win.

Gary Johnson has been Mr. Fix-it so far this season. Leading the press, get a timely basket and grabbing that rebound off the missed free throw. He had big rebounds at just the right time in both wins.

I've enjoyed both comebacks this year but it would nice to stop digging holes at some point. Nice crowd last night, making some noise late in the game. Fun environment.

Glad to see a gutsy win. Evans started out ON FIYA.

The Arena was nice and loud last night at key moments of the game. Glad the SA has been feeding the kids and bringing them to games...they make a HUGE difference.

The one thing I hate...and I mean HATE...is the voice of the announcer who does the 'challenges' in between timeouts. Either fire her and get someone else with a lower pitched voice...or turn the $%*)#%**$# mic down. It's deafening, and I'm only 26. Same thing at football games.

Also, someone needs to tell the cheerleaders that when I (or someone else) starts the defense chant...to CONFORM, not start their own and throw everyone off. That crap pisses me off to no end.

Edited by Ilko