UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Womens Mid Major Top 25

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely miss their games. We've made a little progress fan wise. There used to be 250-300, now there's 500-600, except for Marist. It's fun to watch; I hope more fans make the effort to get out and support the ladies.

They are truly worth a visit out to the SEFCU. Richards alone is worth the trip. I've only missed one game this year and look forward to a good season. It is good basketball out there.

...Still cannot get an AP Top 25 vote.

It is scary to think how many wins this program might end up with in back to back years.

Really when you think about how many of the same players will be coming back next year it starts getting crazy.

It'll be interesting to see what the ceiling is on this team this year. I know they're really, really good but my expectations are getting a little crazy with each game. The schedule offers some good tests in the next couple of weeks.

Look how close the actual RPI numbers are from 40-50 - that's how you can move so many places without playing. RPI depends on strength of schedule; Marist has an RPI of 16 with an SOS of 3, our SOS Is 224.

Our power rating is up to 35 with a PR SOS of 330, Marist is 34 with a PR SOS of 34

What I don't have a clue is how someone can be six inches taller than anyone guarding her, spend all her game in the paint, play 31 minutes per game, and only get to shoot nine foul shots in seven games. That's half the rate of free throws Megan got last year.

I would imagine the only real knock against the team..in terms of polls..is the quality of their opponents. None of those opponents have a winning record. Siena, Marist and Providence are all 4-4. The other four teams are under .500. Of the remaining six OOC games..three are also under .500..Hofstra and Northeastern are both currently 4-3. Then there's Duke.

Speaking of Duke..our game is sandwiched between contests against #1 UConn and #5 Kentucky. Probably the most favorable situation possible.

Speaking of Duke..our game is sandwiched between contests against #1 UConn and #5 Kentucky. Probably the most favorable situation possible.

I was looking a that schedule, hoping Duke might be worn out, or looking ahead...Almost worth a drive down.

Quinnipiac on the 15th should easily be the best remaining regular season home game.

#40 RPI...check that: at #49 now. I have no clue how they dropped 9 spots this past day.

#8 in the mid-major Top 25, with a first place vote.

Undefeated at 7-0.

...Still cannot get an AP Top 25 vote. - Haggyland

Look at St Joe's (SOS 18) and Bowling Green's (SOS 132) schedule they each have (I think) 1 vote for the Top 25.

UA (SOS 224) will have to start scheduling better if they want National Recognition in the AP Poll.

UA should end this season with only 1 maybe 2 losses which should get them in the TOP 5 of the Mid Major poll and then they should start getting votes for the AP Top 25. If they beat Duke they'll open some eyes and pick up votes or if they get to 13-1 they should start drawing attention, right now they haven't even played a team with a winning record.

Look at St Joe's (SOS 18) and Bowling Green's (SOS 132) schedule they each have (I think) 1 vote for the Top 25.

UA (SOS 224) will have to start scheduling better if they want National Recognition in the AP Poll.

UA should end this season with only 1 maybe 2 losses which should get them in the TOP 5 of the Mid Major poll and then they should start getting votes for the AP Top 25. If they beat Duke they'll open some eyes and pick up votes or if they get to 13-1 they should start drawing attention, right now they haven't even played a team with a winning record.

So true, but it is not like the team is playing patsies and squeezing by in the last minute...this team is winning handily every time.

And while I realize that considering margin of victory could result in teams running up scores, I would have thought that at least one of the writers would have considered the team for a vote by now....Like you said, they might only end up with one or two losses heading into conference play.

Beat Duke and those votes will come!

Beat Duke and those votes will definitely come, get to 14-1 or 15-0 and they will also have to come, be patient.

So true, but it is not like the team is playing patsies and squeezing by in the last minute...this team is winning handily every time.... Haggyland

The fact is they are playing a total schedule of patsies so far, there best win was against Marist who was without their pre season 1st team All MAAC player, if it wasn't for the Marist game the SOS would be closer to 300 then its present 224.

Marist SOS is 3 that's why they get so much respect from the voters.

The fact is they are playing a total schedule of patsies so far, there best win was against Marist who was without their pre season 1st team All MAAC player, if it wasn't for the Marist game the SOS would be closer to 300 then its present 224.

Marist SOS is 3 that's why they get so much respect from the voters.

Sorry, I guess I worded that in a confusing manner. I meant to say that "although they are playing a schedule of patsies, that it is not like they are squeezing by in the last minute."

I wish Marist all the health in the world now that the game is behind us!

Considering what we lost from last year this schedule is understandable. With so many players returning next year I hope we schedule more aggressively.

I like the timing of the Duke game too although we brought a very good team into Michigan State last year with a poor result. I'm curious what Richards can do against the Duke front-line. She's seemed unstoppable so far.

Considering what we lost from last year this schedule is understandable. With so many players returning next year I hope we schedule more aggressively. - DP

Perfectly stated!!!!

I am sure next year's schedule will be more aggressive. Next year we could even start the year getting AP Top 25 votes!!!!!