UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Womens Mid Major Top 25

Although the women's team is healthy, which cannot be said of the men's.

So, do I have the following equation set up poperly?:

(1 dinged up men's center) + (1 dinged up men's power forward) = (1 dinged up women's center) + (47 points)

Of course, if you subtract out the center position you are left with:

1 dinged up men's power forward = 47 points

Now I know Sam touches the ball a lot, but it seems like there could be some factors missing from my equation, and I can only hope they are figured out soon.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similarities to the men's game in Burlington:

1) On the road against the AE's most accomplished program.

2) Playing in a difficult venue to win.

3) Both UA teams coming off a trip to the NCAAs.

Dissimilarities:

1) The women take control of the game early and coast to a 17 point victory.

2) The men keep the score close for much of the first half and then succumb to a 30 point drubbing (scoring in the 30s.)

Yin-Yang exemplified.

One more similarity in the games that I just noticed is that they were both played against the team picked to win the conference title...if UA is excluded from consideration.

I see we're back to the "women vs. men" narrative from last year. I admire the consistency but I'll still be rooting for both teams.

Same here rooting for both teams and got to see both on the road this weekend

Very fair; success is the ultimate goal.

I was frustrated from seeing a 30 point loss to a fellow conference mate.

Good thing I managed to show some restraint by not posting the rest of the narrative that I had written.

And 73, although Megan played 30+ minutes in the Hartford game she has very recently missed significaNt time to injury.

I see we're back to the "women vs. men" narrative from last year. I admire the consistency but I'll still be rooting for both teams.

Same here rooting for both teams and got to see both on the road this weekend

I was frustrated from seeing a 30 point loss to a fellow conference mate.

Good thing I managed to show some restraint by not posting the rest of the narrative that I had written.

You were not alone in your frustration, there was plenty to go around at Patrick Gym on Saturday night. No restraint necessary.

I do think you forget how shaky the women's team looked when Megan Craig was out for those games. Great to have her back now.

Same webcast in the same gym as last night but much better watching tonight. Women up over 20 at Lowell.

No video for me but I checked the score and I see that the Lady Danes are up 25 at the half.

Now that is how you should treat a team transitioning to D1!

And I don't feel comfortable saying "Lady Danes"; this tean should just be referred to as the "Danes" as they are doing a much better job of representing the school (on a basketball scoreboard, at least.) Both teams are comprised of quality individuals.

Defense disappoints in the second half and gives up more than twice as many points as in the first half. Still, the Danes hold on for the victory, 87-50.

You must be disappointed with our 25 turnovers, too.

But for once did we get enough from the bench for you?

http://www.goriverhawks.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wbball&id=2485