UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

And the new UAlbany Head Football Coach is......

A number of FBS assistants axed this week; and head coaches to follow?? Anyone think waiting and looking at these worth a shot?

No, there isint a lot of time to waste with the JMU job sitting out there. Rossomundo or Keeler and I have to think Keeler would jump at the chance to gop to JMU.

JMU is looking at major BCS coordinators for their job. I'm also pretty sure they're probably negotiating a move to an FBS conference right now which is what they're selling to FBS coordinators.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned. ....from coachingsearch.com

Albany: A source at Albany tells me the coaching search is not yet wrapped up. Though KC Keeler could land the job, there has not a been an offer yet. A different source tells me that Maryland defensive line coach Greg Gattuso could emerge as the guy.

The more I think about Gattuso--as the day wanes on--I think he would be a superb choice. He did a ton, with little, at Duquense. He coached under Paterno, Edsell and Wandstadt. He has Western PA sewn up with recruiting, which would be a boon for UA.

And he seems to be intense enough to build us up quickly while at the same time sophmoric enough to blend into the Albany community fabric. In fact, I think he and Will Brown would be pals and regular Carrabas Grill dining patrons.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-15/sports/bs-sp-terps-football-greg-gattuso-0816-20130815_1_maryland-assistant-joe-vellano-quinton-jefferson

Greg's salary also probably falls in line with what we are going to pay our HC:

Greg Gattuso Defensive line/Assistant head coach $153,000 $50,000 $203,000

My guess is the HC for UA football will make 200-250K base with bonuses that would equate to 100-150k. Bonuses could include: attendance, player grades, camp subsidies, radio and t.v. appearances, CAA Title, CAA Division Title, FCS Playoff Appearance, FCS Playoff Wins on a Graduated Scale, National Championship Appearance, National Champion Bonus, and Top 5 and 10 ranking bonuses.

If i were an agent...I'd be pulling from that pot. Basically, all incentive based, but likely a guarantee bonus of 25-50K as easy incentives.

Edited by Dane96

Now this is the kind of guy I could get behind. FBS pedigree. FCS experience. Defensive minded, which seems to go by the wayside in the CAA sometimes. LOVE the recruiting strength in PA, which is where Linebacker U created its legacy.

And he seems to relate to his players, rather than try to be above them...