UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football, money and conferences

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is going to have their personal favorites... you can debate which is more important, more popular till the cows come home.

Keep all of the dang sports programs we have now, and bring back wrestling and swimming.

Manage the athletic department like an efficient business, and let's rock and roll.

Unfortunatlely it's mpossible with unfunded mandates such as Title IX and without billionaire donors.

If we did bring back wrestling.... I wouldn't be against adding a female mud wrestling team to offset the title IX deal

Everyone is going to have their personal favorites... you can debate which is more important, more popular till the cows come home.

Keep all of the dang sports programs we have now, and bring back wrestling and swimming.

Manage the athletic department like an efficient business, and let's rock and roll.

Unfortunatlely it's mpossible with unfunded mandates such as Title IX and without billionaire donors.

If we did bring back wrestling.... I wouldn't be against adding a female mud wrestling team to offset the title IX deal

Do the Dance and Cheer squads get partial or full scholarships that are accounted for for purposes of Title IX? I think they do.

And that's just wrong. Cheerleading is very athletic and requires a lot of practice. Cheerleading like pickup trucks and apple pie is politically incorrect in today's America and pays the price.

More people watch football on Saturday than Sunday and yet this community passion is paid for entirely out of men's scholarships. Thanks Title IX. I have a daughter and she should have access to sports but Title IX is big government overkill. The forerunner to Obamacare... Obamasports bringing down the government hammer.

Oh lord. Do we really need to have politics brought up on this forum? I'm doing everything I can to refrain myself from spouting off a 9 page rant on people who don't comprehend what government actually does and has done. But i'll leave that for my ire if they end up hiring in-house for the head football coach.

And last time I checked, based America's waistline, Apple Pie was doing JUST fine.

Oh lord. Do we really need to have politics brought up on this forum?

Excellent point about politics. We don't need to sully the board with any political discussion. Apple pie talk is probably OK though.

I think the cheerleaders get housing preferences or at least they used to.

Also Robert Morris Men's indoor and outdoor track, tennis and cross country and women's golf, tennis and field hockey will be phased out following the 2013-14 academic year. The move will impact 80 student-athletes. It cuts RMU to 16 sports.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2013/more/wires/12/03/2080.ap.robert.morris.cuts.1st.ld.writethru.0611/index.html#ixzz2mjYnGbkQ