UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope one is SImpson. Unless he has a guy he loves, I would think the Strength coach may be back. Leaves two slots in my mind.

Director of Football Operations and the Recruiting Coordintator make the most sense to me from a transitional standpoint. Two very important roles.

Edited by danefan

Anyone watching the Towson vs EIU game on ESPN right now is seeing a textbook hard nosed CAA football squad winning in the playoffs.

Terrance West has 265 yards rushing and 4 TDs with 1:13 left in the THIRD QUARTER!!!

Keeping the best QB in the country off the field.

We used to play that way. Gary Jones, David McCarty, Drew Smith....we need to get back to that.

Edited by danefan

We used to play that way. Gary Jones, David McCarty, Drew Smith....we need to get back to that.

I could easily make the argument that Drew Smith graduating had as much of an effect on this team's record as any factor.

He was good for four yards on every play, and kept our defense off the field. Of course, I didn't think his graduation would contribute this much to the type of season we just witnessed (especially in terms of win-loss record), but for me it stuck out all season...even though Osbourne is a good back, that had a good year.

...And I suppose Fiacchi regressing didn't help much either. Let's hope that the "Jumpsuit Brigade" is ready to get this program to new levels of excellence.

My comment is not a knock on Osbourne. He's very very good. It's on the running game and scheme. OLine was soft as pudding is year.

BTW - West ended up with over 350 yards rushing and 5 TDs. Unbelievable game for him.

I know you weren't knocking anybody. Still, the running styles of the two backs is different. The ground-and pound, ball control offense that UA excelled at was missing all year, young/soft O-line or not...and where the hell were the screen passes that this program has historically run so well?

Anyone watching the Towson vs EIU game on ESPN right now is seeing a textbook hard nosed CAA football squad winning in the playoffs.

Terrance West has 265 yards rushing and 4 TDs with 1:13 left in the THIRD QUARTER!!!

Keeping the best QB in the country off the field.

Good to see the CAA advance.. UNH plays tonight.

The Towson game was a good one.

My comment is not a knock on Osbourne. He's very very good. It's on the running game and scheme. OLine was soft as pudding is year.

BTW - West ended up with over 350 yards rushing and 5 TDs. Unbelievable game for him.

I know you weren't knocking anybody. Still, the running styles of the two backs is different. The ground-and pound, ball control offense that UA excelled at was missing all year, young/soft O-line or not...and where the hell were the screen passes that this program has historically run so well?

Comparing accomplishments of a team in the CAA to a team in the NEC is apples and oranges. Smith, a terrific back, would not have come close to those totals in the CAA even with the best O Lines we ever had. Get over the NEC glory days, no way any of those great championship teams do much better in league play as this years team did.

Comparing accomplishments of a team in the CAA to a team in the NEC is apples and oranges. Smith, a terrific back, would not have come close to those totals in the CAA even with the best O Lines we ever had. Get over the NEC glory days, no way any of those great championship teams do much better in league play as this years team did.

Lest we forget that we lost to Duquesne and Central Ct state this year. And our running game did us no good against those "lowly" NEC teams either.

Lest we forget that we lost to Duquesne and Central Ct state this year. And our running game did us no good against those "lowly" NEC teams either.

Thus my specific reference to league play. I don't mean to say this was a better team than the NEC Champion teams, those non league losses would indicate not. But, the premise still stands in the face of those who knock this years team and coaches by comparing league competition and stats from the NEC.