UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell is a beast. I'm seriously impressed by this class. Wow.

And Gattuso didn't even have a full recruiting season. He had a couple of trips and they had recruits on campus this weekend for the final push.

Holy Cow.

This program is going to get competitve quick (hopefully)!

What they need is a nice power back like the "evil empire" got with Coker from Iowa...unless I missed something?

This class is BY FAR the best class we have ever had...it's simply just unreal what Gattuso has been able to accomplish. I wonder if Ford had some push in this as well because some of these guys were recruited before Gattuso came on board.

This class...plus last year's RS class and the few who played (Senn/Ngachie) are great building blocks.

Summary of the Verbals from what I can find:

DarShante Thompson OLB 6' 205- Good Counsel; Olney, MD

Isaiah Powell OLB 6'1 205- Bergen Catholic; Oradell, NJ

Anthony Paolello DE 6'1 250- St. Joseph's; Montvale, NJ

Turnor Echols DE 6'3 240- Gonzaga; Washington, D.C.

Jamal Robinson CB 5'10 165- Dematha; Hyattsville, MD

Steve Shanley QB 6'3 205- Paramus Catholic; Paramus, NJ

Chris Okupski OT 6'5 300- Shore Regional; West Long Branch, NJ

Mike Madaras OT 6'5 290- Good Counsel; Olney, MD- Sophomore Transfer, U Maryland

Sam Madaras OG 6'3 315- Good Counsel; Olney, MD

Zee Roberson WR 6'1 170- East Stroudsburg South, East Stroudsburg, PA

Powell is a beast. I'm seriously impressed by this class. Wow.

And Gattuso didn't even have a full recruiting season. He had a couple of trips and they had recruits on campus this weekend for the final push.

Holy Cow.

This program is going to get competitve quick (hopefully)!

What they need is a nice power back like the "evil empire" got with Coker from Iowa...unless I missed something?

I still am not sure what to make of our backs. Lawrence Power and Andre Martin were two frosh with some credentials. I think Ryan Spellman will see some time in our offense, which I believe will go back to ground and pound. I think Spellman is a tough kid.

I still am not sure what to make of our backs. Lawrence Power and Andre Martin were two frosh with some credentials. I think Ryan Spellman will see some time in our offense, which I believe will go back to ground and pound. I think Spellman is a tough kid.

So, part of the red-shirt group? I am going to have to look back at those names and refresh my memory.

Still, Osbourne ended up second team CAA, right?

Yeah, Osbourne is the starter...no question. I think Senn starts, and Madaras is clearly a starter barring something insane. That line just got really big, really quick. Will Allen was pretty impressive size-wise. Saw him walking around State Quad. Nick Nerolien is an interesting one; he RS last year. Local to my area here in Boston. Osbourne's going to have some holes.

Fiacchi is going to have some pressure on him at QB between Downer and Shanley. My gut says Shanley RS' this season...but who knows. The kid is the real deal...and if Gattuso feels he can win right now with him...he will play.

http://www.ncsasport.../steven-shanley

Edited by Dane96

Shanley needs to work on his release but he throws a nice ball. He's also played against the best high school competition in the country and played with one of the, if not the best high school player in the country (Jabrill Peppers #5 in his video). He won't be phased by anything at Albany. He's played high school games in prime time on ESPN and multiple games in an NFL stadium.

A frosh QB could challenge for playing time right away. The vets won't have too much of an advantage in knowledge. A new offensive scheme is going in in the spring.

BTW National Letter of Intent Day is February 5 this year. At least we've been getting our announcements out on that day for the last few years. Now we just need the OOC schedule release.

I understand the OOC is not finalized yet. Shooting for 7 home games this year.

Unlikely to see an FBS game this year though.

This class is BY FAR the best class we have ever had...it's simply just unreal what Gattuso has been able to accomplish. I wonder if Ford had some push in this as well because some of these guys were recruited before Gattuso came on board.

This class...plus last year's RS class and the few who played (Senn/Ngachie) are great building blocks.

Summary of the Verbals from what I can find:

DarShante Thompson OLB 6' 205- Good Counsel; Olney, MD

Isaiah Powell OLB 6'1 205- Bergen Catholic; Oradell, NJ

Anthony Paolello DE 6'1 250- St. Joseph's; Montvale, NJ

Turnor Echols DE 6'3 240- Gonzaga; Washington, D.C.

Jamal Robinson CB 5'10 165- Dematha; Hyattsville, MD

Steve Shanley QB 6'3 205- Paramus Catholic; Paramus, NJ

Chris Okupski OT 6'5 300- Shore Regional; West Long Branch, NJ

Mike Madaras OT 6'5 290- Good Counsel; Olney, MD- Sophomore Transfer, U Maryland

Sam Madaras OG 6'3 315- Good Counsel; Olney, MD

Zee Roberson WR 6'1 170- East Stroudsburg South, East Stroudsburg, PA

From the guys I've been able to research, very impressive list.

Should be an interesting year upcoming.