UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Nano College

Michigan_Dane

Sure, it's POSSIBLE... but that would require somebody to admit they made a mistake.

Also have to decide if Albany would take over the Poly campus in Utica or attach it to some other SUNY college.

That's usually a deal breaker, no matter how painfully obvious it is that mistakes have been made. If the person/s making the mistake are gone, it is sometimes possible.

• Like 1

Sure, it's POSSIBLE... but that would require somebody to admit they made a mistake.

Also have to decide if Albany would take over the Poly campus in Utica or attach it to some other SUNY college.

That's usually a deal breaker, no matter how painfully obvious it is that mistakes have been made. If the person/s making the mistake are gone, it is sometimes possible.

This, unfortunately is true in life...

• 2 weeks later...

T-U Letter to the editor:

Nano programs belong at UAlbany
By Letters to the editor on December 18, 2015 at 3:30 AM

As a taxpayer and someone who cares about government operating efficiently and effectively, I am incredulous that the State University of New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the Legislature believe the creation of the Suny Polytechnic Institute, a truncated college, in the shadow of the University at Albany, makes any sense.

How can Alain Kaloyeros, who was the founding president of the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, and is now the founding president and chief executive officer for Suny Poly, which is a merger of CNSE and SUNY IT in Utica, effectively run the Utica operation when his focus is primarily in Albany? Aren’t all these jobs full-time ones? This president, or another individual, should be totally concentrating efforts on all the nano research in Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, Utica, etc., and not have to be concerned with the Utica college. The nano educational programs in Albany should be returned to UAlbany for a variety of educational and fiscal reasons.

How can anyone, no matter how talented and energetic as Mr. Kaloyeros, be in more than one place at a time? SUNY Poly’s configuration is going to run into future unfortunate consequences due to an overstretched presidential position with too many disparate functions and distractions. The State University of New York system needs to reconsider this unwieldy conglomeration and go back to the drawing board to strengthen the nano investment made by New York state and private industry.

Arthur Cronson

Manhasset

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Zimpher to resign... http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/SUNY-Chancellor-Nancy-Zimpher-to-resign-7954274.php

This woman allowed Nano to be ripped away from UA...pound salt!

Man, and I thought I was giving my former employer a major heads up with a 3 week notice...she just gave a 1yr notice. :P

(obviously I'm messing around)

Zimpher to resign... http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/SUNY-Chancellor-Nancy-Zimpher-to-resign-7954274.php

This woman allowed Nano to be ripped away from UA...pound salt!

Man, and I thought I was giving my former employer a major heads up with a 3 week notice...she just gave a 1yr notice. :P

(obviously I'm messing around)

Better than what Herbst did to us just bailing because Spitzer tied SUNY's hands.

• 3 months later...