UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ UMass-Lowell 7pm Wed 1/15

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have just sat Rowley and rested him!

I think that if one of the themes is that regular season success isn't of critical importance because of the existence of a post-season tournament, that you have done very little to create a winning culture.

It's not important when losing... moving target...

Edited by Clickclack

Not sure what hurts more the UVM loss or this one. UVM wasn't even close, we just had zero heart... and this game .. just shaking my head. Embarrassing loss.

Umm I don't even think its a question.

I would actually say the UVM game. UML was a good team to transition to D1, with some wins under its belt.

The UVM game was a blow-out (after a similar one the year before), where the offense scored in the 30s!!!...against a program that we have earned the respect of.

Not sure what hurts more the UVM loss or this one. UVM wasn't even close, we just had zero heart... and this game .. just shaking my head. Embarrassing loss.

Umm I don't even think its a question.

I would actually say the UVM game. UML was a good team to transition to D1, with some wins under its belt.

The UVM game was a blow-out (after a similar one the year before), where the offense scored in the 30s!!!...against a program that we have earned the respect of.

I'd honestly rather get blown out by 40 by UVM than lose against a transitioning D-1 team

The discussion of which is worse is telling...I know, I know I love to panic and rant but it's very hard to fight off the thought that last years miracle run will be a long term disservice to the growth of the program.

How a team goes fro competing against Pitt and Drake to this debacle is mind-boggling. The wheels have completely come off in the last three games.

I'll admit it...I'm back on the ledge...this time I'm not sure I want to be talked off.

Edited by Clickclack

I agree. This is a bad loss. Blowouts happen to even great teams. You have one bad game from time to time...but this was to a team you should beat by 20 every time you play them. At least.

Think about the one defining characteristic of Will Brown's teams. Usually play well during non-conference and then mediocre during conference play.

Now think about all those games that they were up in non-conference play, that they either had to hold on, or lost. Now think about the fact that this has been going on for SEVERAL years. That's what happens. We go up on a team and have ALWAYS let them crawl back in.

This year:

Holy Cross

Quinnipiac

UML

Last year:

BU and a bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

And of course, there's UCONN...ok, that was just a joke

But still, we don't hold leads and its been a problem as far as I can remember with Brown. He simply doesn't adjust his gameplan in game. I know we were all up in his jock about winning the tourney, but let's be honest, we don't have that winning culture that they have at Vermont or that is building at Stony Brook. We've had 2 great years with Jamar, and one year where things fell our way and then mediocrity.

Will Brown = Andy Dalton

Should have just sat Rowley and rested him!

I think that if one of the themes is that regular season success isn't of critical importance because of the existence of a post-season tournament, that you have done very little to create a winning culture.

It's not important when losing... moving target...

Exactly. And when we rationalize losing to protect our own selfish interests we do the program a major disservice.

I think it is OK to say we stunk, when we stunk!

In case anybody didn't hear the pregame radio show, Hooley fell on his knee in practice. He thought he fractured his kneecap, but at any rate the knee was swollen and he couldn't bend it.

Even though we got more from Sam and Puk than I thought we would, I'm sure Sam's wrist was a factor in the missed free throws and layups.

UML announcers said they put a big guy at the top of their zone in the second half, and that cut DJ's view of the court.

I thought we started overplaying the 3 in overtime, and they cut underneath for three quick layups.

We've had trouble getting our share of loose balls in the past, and it might be that we're just a half-step slow.

I agree. This is a bad loss. Blowouts happen to even great teams. You have one bad game from time to time...but this was to a team you should beat by 20 every time you play them. At least.

Think about the one defining characteristic of Will Brown's teams. Usually play well during non-conference and then mediocre during conference play.

Now think about all those games that they were up in non-conference play, that they either had to hold on, or lost. Now think about the fact that this has been going on for SEVERAL years. That's what happens. We go up on a team and have ALWAYS let them crawl back in.

This year:

Holy Cross

Quinnipiac

UML

Last year:

BU and a bunch of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

And of course, there's UCONN...ok, that was just a joke

But still, we don't hold leads and its been a problem as far as I can remember with Brown. He simply doesn't adjust his gameplan in game. I know we were all up in his jock about winning the tourney, but let's be honest, we don't have that winning culture that they have at Vermont or that is building at Stony Brook. We've had 2 great years with Jamar, and one year where things fell our way and then mediocrity.

Will Brown = Andy Dalton

I want to be thankful for how last season ended but a lot of this rings true...need to start by not building teams around JUCO's that don't know the system and take a year to get into the fold and then graduate. This program still has a long way to go...

Embarrassing loss. Many of the comments tonight are similar to those after the loss at Maine last year. To be expected I guess.

-Agree with those who thought Sam probably shouldn't have played tonight. He was better than I thought playing with one hand but he would have been better off shooting free throws with his left hand.

-Started milking the clock early. It's worked a lot of times but didn't work tonight. We didn't play good enough defense to employ it tonight.

-Not much poise in those last few minutes with a group of seniors and upperclassmen on the floor.

Look at the first line below. Similar comments as to a loss last year..chronic issue.

Embarrassing loss. Many of the comments tonight are similar to those after the loss at Maine last year. To be expected I guess.

-Agree with those who thought Sam probably shouldn't have played tonight. He was better than I thought playing with one hand but he would have been better off shooting free throws with his left hand.

-Started milking the clock early. It's worked a lot of times but didn't work tonight. We didn't play good enough defense to employ it tonight.

-Not much poise in those last few minutes with a group of seniors and upperclassmen on the floor.