UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ UNH (Thurs, Jan 23rd)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone stay away from the ledge.

You heard it here first; I'm on the ledge now. I honestly see NO passion out of these guys and some really stupid basketball. Why is Puk taking a 12-14 footer with less than a minute to go. Why wouldn't Peter Hooley keep that ball and drive to the rack.

That IS Coaching...as is the passion. Sometimes Coach has been yelled out for being too harsh with his teams. Right now...he needs to be harsh. Lock them out of practice...and let them get pissed off en masse or a leader will emerge.

He needs to draw the passion out of them. Injuries or not..this team needs to have passion. And it hasn't in the last few games. I think Coach was able to not have to deal with that with Iati.

He doesn't have that now...and it's time to step up. No words held back..

Edited by Dane96

You heard it here first; I'm on the ledge now. I honestly see NO passion out of these guys and some really stupid basketball. Why is Puk taking a 12-14 footer with less than a minute to go. Why wouldn't Peter Hooley keep that ball and drive to the rack.

That IS Coaching...as is the passion. Sometimes Coach has been yelled out for being too harsh with his teams. Right now...he needs to be harsh. Lock them out of practice...and let them get pissed off en masse or a leader will emerge.

He needs to draw the passion out of them. Injuries or not..this team needs to have passion. And it hasn't in the last few games. I think Coach was able to not have to deal with that with Iati.

Good luck with that... Last six years ua is 2 games under 500 I believe... This program is mediocre. A lot got swept under a rug with three magical wins last year but this program is screwed and doomed to. O the worst fate possible. Not good enough to be excellent and not bad enough for a change.

This is our destiny... I'm an idiot for thinking something has changed. 13 years doesn't lie...

The offense is just awful. I still say we should use our rebounding to start some breaks. There will be more mistakes but it has to be better than that half court offense.

That said we missed a bunch of chippies in transition/push type situations.

I've heard Wyland and one of the guys I sit w/ say "Puk has developed a midrange jumper", No, no he hasn't. He is shooting it more but the percentage is not good.

Dunno about the point blank shot. It was a 12 footer...and he should not be taking those with under 1 to play with guys like Hooley, Rowley, Johnson and Evans on the floor. He should have kicked out that pass to him off the rebound. That said, he's had a very good year.

too late. I'm gone. All three conference loses have been horrible. This team looks tired and run down. I think missing free throws is a sign of fatigue and how banged up they are. that is not an excuse for losing to these bad teams. Hopefully the week off will help and next Wednesday starts a 3 game home stand.

Dane96. That's my issue. These losses happen year in and year out. What could he say now that he hasn't said or tried in the last 6 or 7 years?

That tourney spot last year may have set us further back than moved us ahead.

That being said. Ennema gives me some hope if the coaching staff can use him properly. Which they did not tonight.

It was taunting me. It just kept showing Puk miss jumper after jumper.

Same here. Like a nightmare. Which is what they past couple of weeks have been.

I'm not sure where that passion and intensity that I saw in the Hartford game went but it's gone. No intensity and no poise in the last couple of minutes.