UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

Does anyone know how many scholarships are open for next year? Is there 3, 4, or 5? We know that Hooley, Singletary, and Sanders lose eligibility. I hope that Travis Charles will be back as i feel he could be a beast come the end of AE play and in the playoffs, and I guess Chaz Brown wont be back. I will guess there are 4?

With Jenkins and Walker, I guess there are 2 more?

I am still rooting for Jakub Mijakowski will sign. I know people who met the family and they seem great. The kid seems to be able to shoot from anywhere on the court and at 6-8 he could be a star in the AE if not immediate impact like Cremo. I assume he will go higher, but I have to assume that Albany looks attractive to any recruit that isn't going to a top 25 team.

Lafayette has an engineering program and a full ride there is in the $240,000 range for 4 years. Just saying'.

That's insane. I'm doing pretty dang well for myself all things considered, but even though I didn't have any scholarships or assistance, my 2yrs at HVCC and 4 years at UAlbany (night school - takes twice as long - graduate in May) will cost me like $50-60k if I had to put a number on it. 240k? Say what you want, but that is highway robbery if you're not on a ride. No school should cost that much, IMO.

Yeah, $240K is ridiculous, but most places have grants that reduce that cost a great deal for many students. I'm just saying that for most mid-major recruits who are not looking at a future in pro-BB, part of the decision

has to be academic program and value. The Patriot League is a decent level and there are quite a few fairly prestigious schools in there.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many scholarships are open for next year? Is there 3, 4, or 5? We know that Hooley, Singletary, and Sanders lose eligibility. I hope that Travis Charles will be back as i feel he could be a beast come the end of AE play and in the playoffs, and I guess Chaz Brown wont be back. I will guess there are 4?

With Jenkins and Walker, I guess there are 2 more?

I am still rooting for Jakub Mijakowski will sign. I know people who met the family and they seem great. The kid seems to be able to shoot from anywhere on the court and at 6-8 he could be a star in the AE if not immediate impact like Cremo. I assume he will go higher, but I have to assume that Albany looks attractive to any recruit that isn't going to a top 25 team.

I heard Dallas will be able to graduate this spring, so he may move on as well, but that's not a sure thing.

I heard Dallas will be able to graduate this spring, so he may move on as well, but that's not a sure thing.

I hope he stays. He has been really solid although I understand it's probably not as big of a role as he'd like.

With Chas Brown going home in the first semester I'd have to guess we have at least four scholarships open for next year. Jenkins and Walker should fill two with I would imagine a couple of more guards or small forwards?

I've actually wondered if Travis Charles could redshirt this year? Not basing that on anything but the health problems and all the missed time.

BJ Jenkins was announced. Not sure if he is on campus now, but he is sitting out a year and should join the team for next season.

The America East board has posted that Lamont Walker a JUCO transfer has committed to Albany over the holiday break as well, but it isn't on verbal committs yet.

Then add red shirted McKinley and that looks like a strong incoming class.

From discussions above, I assume that leaves anywhere from 1-3 slots left, depending on if Travis Charles returns (I hope so and have seen nothing otherwise, especially with him on the bench on Wednesday night) and what happens with Chas Brown. I don't know if he left the program for good or if it was just a temporary leave.

BJ Jenkins was announced. Not sure if he is on campus now, but he is sitting out a year and should join the team for next season.

The America East board has posted that Lamont Walker a JUCO transfer has committed to Albany over the holiday break as well, but it isn't on verbal committs yet.

Then add red shirted McKinley and that looks like a strong incoming class.

From discussions above, I assume that leaves anywhere from 1-3 slots left, depending on if Travis Charles returns (I hope so and have seen nothing otherwise, especially with him on the bench on Wednesday night) and what happens with Chas Brown. I don't know if he left the program for good or if it was just a temporary leave.

There has been no BJ Jenkins signing announcement (press release). Just reports..by him included..that he has committed. And he's not at UAlbany this year.

Chas Brown is not on the team roster. I think that tells me he has left the program.

There has been no BJ Jenkins signing announcement (press release). Just reports..by him included..that he has committed. And he's not at UAlbany this year.

Chas Brown is not on the team roster. I think that tells me he has left the program.

I guess you are right as far as official announcements from the school, but multiple websites show him as committed and he does us the UA logo on his twitter feed. I am guessing that it is offical, but you are right - until the university puts out a press release anything can happen. Thank you for confirming he isn't on campus. I know people were questioning that earlier in this thread.

That's too bad on Brown. He seemed like a great kid on and off the court from all accounts I heard. I guess I was hoping he left for the season for some personal reason but could be back. Not that I was hoping he had a personal reason, more hoping that he would get to play for UA and we would get to see what he can do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking at some YouTube videos of the players Albany has offers out to. This may be a repost as the video is almost a year old. Check out this video of Jamil Jackson. Another Minnesota kid with offers from North Dakota, Hampton, and Albany.

Interesting Minnesota pipeline with Wheeler Baker (who transferred to North Dakota) and McKinley. I know McKinley and Baker know each other thus the decommit recommit stuff. Wonder if Baker knows Jackson and thus the similar schools? McKinley had an offer at North Dakota as well.

Anyway, I post the video to comment on the radio play by play guys: what do you think? Over enthusiastic so it's fun or over enthusiastic and annoying?

Edited by godanesgo99

New video on him. Description calls him and "under the radar D1 prospect with a 40" vertical, and points out his 3.5 GPA.

Video looks very impressive and he looks like he could be a monster in the AE.

I have been hoping UA signs Jacob Mijakowski as a 6'7" guard who can play inside and hit shots from 30' with regularity and would be a huge get, but Jackson looks like an amazing talent.

Edited by godanesgo99