UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

If theyre truly interested in me (playing time wise) is the most important, Johnson said. Also, which has the best route for me to continue playing basketball after college.

I think someone disagreed with me rooting for SBU in the tournament because I felt that giving Warney more press would help his draft stock and thus help him play at the next level and thus help recruiting for all schools in the conference.

It looks like I was right in my assessment. An America East player making the NBA for the first time since 06 really could sway this type of player into thinking he can move on after starring in the AE instead of riding the pine in the ACC...

Edited by godanesgo99

If theyre truly interested in me (playing time wise) is the most important, Johnson said. Also, which has the best route for me to continue playing basketball after college.

I think someone disagreed with me rooting for SBU in the tournament because I felt that giving Warney more press would help his draft stock and thus help him play at the next level and thus help recruiting for all schools in the conference.

It looks like I was right in my assessment. An America East player making the NBA for the first time since 06 really could sway this type of player into thinking he can move on after starring in the AE instead of riding the pine in the ACC...

Whether Warney makes it or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether Albany lands any of the kids they are recruiting. Smh.

Except this particular kid specifically says he will choose based on the best route for continuing to play after college. Not sure how you don't see that a recent America East player in the NBA doesn't affect that perception. Are you sure you went to UA and not HVCC?

Whether Warney makes it or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether Albany lands any of the kids they are recruiting. Smh.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Honest to god.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Honest to god.

There's nothing to talk about. If a player has NBA talent he's going to make it to the NBA no matter where he plays. There's mid major NBA players all over the place. I think you are misunderstanding the point.

A couple JUCO offers out:

Deontae North..6'4" SG. Looks like he started out at Long Beach State before transferring to a JUCO.

Julian Walters..5'11" PG. Also has an offer from NJIT.

Walter shoots over 50% from three. That is crazy.

Weird that he's being recruited by mostly D2 programs though. Bad ball skills?

Or maybe because he's smaller. I don't think DJ Evans had offers before he went to junior college either and I would take someone like him again. Same with Justin Robinson at Monmouth who didn't have any other offers.

• Like 1

Lol wasn't me that went off track. Always nice to see Dane96 throw in the insightful you have NO IDEA what you're talking about comment

Have you ever been recruited. Seriously. By any D-I school. I know your sister has...but you, I don't recall.

Have you ever recruited a kid? If not...then how can you say WHAT IS and WHAT IS NOT said to a recruit.

If the answer is NO to either, then that's why you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

You are also missing the point: ANYTHING good for the AE...ANYTHING that helps expose the kids to a league they might not otherwise know...is good for Albany.

You are very shortsighted.

Edited by Dane96

Sorry if he's going to throw personal attacks like that it will have to continue. I have no problem with a normal discussion, but if he wants to go that route fine. We get it, you played, your were recruited, blah blah blah. Anyone who didn't play or coach knows absolutely nothing! I'd add more, but I'd probably get a DM from you whining.

Lol wasn't me that went off track. Always nice to see Dane96 throw in the insightful you have NO IDEA what you're talking about comment

Have you ever been recruited. Seriously. By any D-I school. I know your sister has...but you, I don't recall.

Have you ever recruited a kid? If not...then how can you say WHAT IS and WHAT IS NOT said to a recruit.

If the answer is NO to either, then that's why you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

I mean this is just too good. This one goes out to all the nobody's who weren't recruited by a D1 school.

Come to think of it, must have sucked to have to settle for D3 Albany back in 96 instead of the D1 schools that recruited you.

Edited by UA'08

Insinuating that someone knows nothing about a topic because they weren't directly related to it....... is Siena.

I'm sure D96 follows sports he hasn't played or played on the collegiate level, and yet he is opinionated on them.

I can have an opinion on politics, having never been a politician. Terrible logic.

The holier than thou, I'm right and you have no idea what you're talking about shtick is old. Get over yourself. You're either approaching 40, or north of it. Stop holding on to "accomplishments" you had 20 YEARS ago as a means to justify that you are an expert on the field.

• Like 1