UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

Nate Johnson committed to Gardner Webb per his twitter. That sucks, kid looked like he had some skills to do well in the AE.

Just saw this on twitter as well. I didn't know there was a D1 program there. Looks like they have only been D1 since 08 and have never made the tournament. Considering his comments in that other article this commit doesn't make much sense unless he isn't as good as I thought or he felt he wouldn't get playing time...

New video on him. Description calls him and "under the radar D1 prospect with a 40" vertical, and points out his 3.5 GPA.

Video looks very impressive and he looks like he could be a monster in the AE.

I have been hoping UA signs Jacob Mijakowski as a 6'7" guard who can play inside and hit shots from 30' with regularity and would be a huge get, but Jackson looks like an amazing talent.

Jacob Mijakowski heading to Penn per verbal commits.

Nate Johnson committed to Gardner Webb per his twitter. That sucks, kid looked like he had some skills to do well in the AE.

Just saw this on twitter as well. I didn't know there was a D1 program there. Looks like they have only been D1 since 08 and have never made the tournament. Considering his comments in that other article this commit doesn't make much sense unless he isn't as good as I thought or he felt he wouldn't get playing time...

They're in the Big South. D-I since 2001-02. Have benn in the CBI twice and the CIT over the last five years.

The TU story on Patsos this morning mentions that the next two weekends are big for recruiting in New York and Indianapolis, and maybe WB will be there, too . . . does that mean looking at players to join right away for the 16-17 team, or recruiting players to sign to begin in Fall '17?

Has the school put out any press releases yet on either signing? Those 2 look good, and some of the other rumored players look great to, but I always feel more comfortable once it is officially official!

Three are locked up... More visits this weekend and next. Probably will announce once done.

Has the school put out any press releases yet on either signing? Those 2 look good, and some of the other rumored players look great to, but I always feel more comfortable once it is officially official!

Three are locked up... More visits this weekend and next. Probably will announce once done.

A third was announced?

Not sure if this was a subtle dig from our crosstown neighbors or simply a coincidence..but I do think it speaks volumes when it comes to the seemingly lighter level of commitments/signees at this point.

"I just think you want to show people that you're committed and you have the continuity," D'Argenio said. "And when coaches are out recruiting this time of year, I think it's important for them to be able to point to the fact that, 'Hey, my administration is behind me.' Whether we like it or not, if anybody has less than four years on their contract, then other people start using it against them (in recruiting)."

http://m.timesunion.com/tuplus-sports/article/Siena-coach-Jimmy-Patsos-I-m-very-happy-here-7250851.php

I know I've posted about it multiple times already..so I apologize for the repetition..but I continue to be confused by the lack of any contract extension. Also surprised the media seems pretty disengaged from the issue..though I guess not much should surprise me on that front.

Even ignoring the harm it's likely doing on the recruiting trail..what more could have been done over the past 3 years to justify an extension? 67-33 overall, 37-11 in AE, 2 NCAA bids, 1 NCAA win, 1 regular season title, 1 CBI bid, 1 COY, 8 (!) All-Academic selections.

Get a deal done.

• Like 3

Not sure if this was a subtle dig from our crosstown neighbors or simply a coincidence..but I do think it speaks volumes when it comes to the seemingly lighter level of commitments/signees at this point.

"I just think you want to show people that you're committed and you have the continuity," D'Argenio said. "And when coaches are out recruiting this time of year, I think it's important for them to be able to point to the fact that, 'Hey, my administration is behind me.' Whether we like it or not, if anybody has less than four years on their contract, then other people start using it against them (in recruiting)."

http://m.timesunion.com/tuplus-sports/article/Siena-coach-Jimmy-Patsos-I-m-very-happy-here-7250851.php

I know I've posted about it multiple times already..so I apologize for the repetition..but I continue to be confused by the lack of any contract extension. Also surprised the media seems pretty disengaged from the issue..though I guess not much should surprise me on that front.

Even ignoring the harm it's likely doing on the recruiting trail..what more could have been done over the past 3 years to justify an extension? 67-33 overall, 37-11 in AE, 2 NCAA bids, 1 NCAA win, 1 regular season title, 1 CBI bid, 1 COY, 8 (!) All-Academic selections.

Get a deal done.

Dude should have a lifetime contract at this point. Bob Ford style. Stay here as long as you want.