UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@UMBC 7pm (ESPN3)

Of course with McElroy's policy of maximum contracts after a championship season, this could go on in perpetuity...or you have to have gone five straight years with nothing.

Neither option is particularly enticing. Winning "up" games consistently is the best option, but that has been taken off the table.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this has been an aggravating year for some of us but do you guys every look up how many programs have 3 NCAA tournament appearances in their first 14 years of Division I? I encourage you to do so because you aren't going to find many, if any. See our fellow SUNYs if you want proof.

Past history doesn't make this frustrating current year but it doesn't mean those years didn't happen either.

You can attach the word "miracle" to last year's win at Washington and again in front of last year's tournament run to play Duke in the NCAA tournament if you want to. That would be two miracles in one season. It came after losing Aronhalt and Suero in what most people said would be a "disaster." That disaster ended with us watching our team play Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I'll take that disaster and "only" going to the NCAA tournament every five years.

If you want to call me "too loyal" that's fine. What I'm loyal to is a program that has outperformed it's peers (Buffalo, BS and Bing.) It's just not showing it this year.

FT's really costs us the game again. 20-31 including some big misses down the stretch.

Funny how things turn when people were like, yeah this team is one of the best free throw shooting teams in the nation!

BLECH

I'm honestly disgusted, but looking forward to somehow eating crow come march again :)

I realize this has been an aggravating year for some of us but do you guys every look up how many programs have 3 NCAA tournament appearances in their first 14 years of Division I? I encourage you to do so because you aren't going to find many, if any. See our fellow SUNYs if you want proof.

Past history doesn't make this frustrating current year but it doesn't mean those years didn't happen either.

You can attach the word "miracle" to last year's win at Washington and again in front of last year's tournament run to play Duke in the NCAA tournament if you want to. That would be two miracles in one season. It came after losing Aronhalt and Suero in what most people said would be a "disaster." That disaster ended with us watching our team play Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I'll take that disaster and "only" going to the NCAA tournament every five years.

If you want to call me "too loyal" that's fine. What I'm loyal to is a program that has outperformed it's peers (Buffalo, BS and Bing.) It's just not showing it this year.

I think it's more the fact that they haven't built anything off those tourney runs. Vermonts had 5 trips? And how many losing seasons have they had since their first tourney trip?

I think it's more the fact that they haven't built anything off those tourney runs. Vermonts had 5 trips? And how many losing seasons have they had since their first tourney trip?

Exactly, every run has been met with 4 years of struggling to stay above 500. We have gotten zero recruiting bounces from any of the trips. There are significant issues here with the lack of winning seasons and ability parlay that success into something of a run. The highs have been high and fun. Sadly to many season like this one.

Recruiting is a real problem. With this program going nowhere fast fan base has not grown. Students don't come out. We catch a bit of wind in our sail with two back to back winning season and then $iena the bed like this season.

Edited by Clickclack

How many UVMs (good almost every year) are out there and how many Bings (suck most years) are there? Probably a lot more Bings than UVMs. Am I happy with all the losing seasons? NO. Am I really happy after watching some garbage seasons to see them go to 3 NCAA tourneys? HELL YEAH I AM! Are we UVM? NOPE but there aren't many. Are we Bing? HELL NO!

Brown has admitted that he screwed up post-jamar with recruiting. I hope they have learned from that experience and the next class will show that. There has also been a little bad luck with injuries to Aronholt, who I think could've been ever better if he never got hurt, and Luke, who looks to be a force his rookie season.

What the hell happened to our free throw shooting?!? Is Odunsi really still injured or do WB and staff just not like him? Haven't heard anything from him in a while.

How many winning seasons In conf play?

Brown is 103-116 in AE play, again...he gets a pass the first few seasons. He has 6 winning seasons in conference play with this maybe his 7th or his 7th's losing season in conference. I'm not sure you can make anything out of that since the AE is horrid.

UA hasn't won a regular season title since Jamar.

Edited by Clickclack

How many UVMs (good almost every year) are out there and how many Bings (suck most years) are there? Probably a lot more Bings than UVMs. Am I happy with all the losing seasons? NO. Am I really happy after watching some garbage seasons to see them go to 3 NCAA tourneys? HELL YEAH I AM! Are we UVM? NOPE but there aren't many. Are we Bing? HELL NO!

Brown has admitted that he screwed up post-jamar with recruiting. I hope they have learned from that experience and the next class will show that. There has also been a little bad luck with injuries to Aronholt, who I think could've been ever better if he never got hurt, and Luke, who looks to be a force his rookie season.

What the hell happened to our free throw shooting?!? Is Odunsi really still injured or do WB and staff just not like him? Haven't heard anything from him in a while.

As you said, Brown has admitted to screwing up post Jamar on the recruiting trail. So why are there close to 50% JUCO's making up this years roster? Most of whom I ma add are sitting and contributing ZERO. I understand SBU hasn't broken through yet but they are constantly now winning 20 games...how many JUCO's on their roster? How many on UVM?

The core of the team in Hooley, Dallas and the two Rowleys are all four year kids. However, we don't have a PG for next year and we may not have much size with Levon probably not coming back.

How this failed recruiting strategy can still be up for debate is mind boggling. We'll see what happens next year as this class coming in is 4-year kids heavy. I still expect a few JUCO's to join somehow.

Edited by Clickclack

If he's learned from his recruiting mistakes why do they have no starting pg or center next year with a single game under their belt?

Exactly, every run has been met with 4 years of struggling to stay above 500. We have gotten zero recruiting bounces from any of the trips. There are significant issues here with the lack of winning seasons and ability parlay that success into something of a run. The highs have been high and fun. Sadly to many season like this one.

Recruiting is a real problem. With this program going nowhere fast fan base has not grown. Students don't come out. We catch a bit of wind in our sail with two back to back winning season and then $iena the bed like this season.

Not saying I don't agree with you but the first run was back to back and the recruiting stunk after those. I don't think you can judge the recruiting post last year's run yet since it just happened last year. Won't know that answer until this year's class and next year's class have a couple years together. As I said in my last post, I hope they learned from past mistakes.

Is it really asking much to be a uvm? It's not like I'm asking for us to be a witchita or a vcu/George mason

Is it really asking much to be a uvm? It's not like I'm asking for us to be a witchita or a vcu/George mason

Last time we beat them in the regular season I think Bush was in office... And people think this is acceptable?

As you said, Brown has admitted to screwing up post Jamar on the recruiting trail. So why are there close to 50% JUCO's making up this years roster? Most of whom I ma add are sitting and contributing ZERO. I understand SBU hasn't broken through yet but they are constantly now winning 20 games...how many JUCO's on their roster? How many on UVM?

The core of the team in Hooley, Dallas and the two Rowleys are all four year kids. However, we don't have a PG for next year and we may not have much size with Levon probably not coming back.

How this failed recruiting strategy can still be up for debate is mind boggling. We'll see what happens next year as this class coming in is 4-year kids heavy. I still expect a few JUCO's to join somehow.

Well, they did lose 6 players from last year's team. So I think their strategy was to try and bring in some quick help to fill the roster. I don't agree with it at all. I don't like it. I think it is risky because of the jump in competition and you usually get one good season out of these kids because the first year is almost useless. It also creates a lot of turnover on the roster each year. It has to stop. Get young kids and develop them.

As we've said, nothing is happening for at least several years so we can only hope that the next couple classes will have a majority or ALL four year kids and this turns around. Can we make "NO MORE JUCOS" shirts and have you all wear them to the game? ;)