UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@UMBC 7pm (ESPN3)

I realize this has been an aggravating year for some of us but do you guys every look up how many programs have 3 NCAA tournament appearances in their first 14 years of Division I? I encourage you to do so because you aren't going to find many, if any. See our fellow SUNYs if you want proof.

Past history doesn't make this frustrating current year but it doesn't mean those years didn't happen either.

You can attach the word "miracle" to last year's win at Washington and again in front of last year's tournament run to play Duke in the NCAA tournament if you want to. That would be two miracles in one season. It came after losing Aronhalt and Suero in what most people said would be a "disaster." That disaster ended with us watching our team play Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I'll take that disaster and "only" going to the NCAA tournament every five years.

If you want to call me "too loyal" that's fine. What I'm loyal to is a program that has outperformed it's peers (Buffalo, BS and Bing.) It's just not showing it this year.

I think it's more the fact that they haven't built anything off those tourney runs. Vermonts had 5 trips? And how many losing seasons have they had since their first tourney trip?

How many UVMs (good almost every year) are out there and how many Bings (suck most years) are there? Probably a lot more Bings than UVMs. Am I happy with all the losing seasons? NO. Am I really happy after watching some garbage seasons to see them go to 3 NCAA tourneys? HELL YEAH I AM! Are we UVM? NOPE but there aren't many. Are we Bing? HELL NO!

Brown has admitted that he screwed up post-jamar with recruiting. I hope they have learned from that experience and the next class will show that. There has also been a little bad luck with injuries to Aronholt, who I think could've been ever better if he never got hurt, and Luke, who looks to be a force his rookie season.

What the hell happened to our free throw shooting?!? Is Odunsi really still injured or do WB and staff just not like him? Haven't heard anything from him in a while.

Is it really asking much to be a uvm? It's not like I'm asking for us to be a witchita or a vcu/George mason

Last time we beat them in the regular season I think Bush was in office... And people think this is acceptable?

Hahaha

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really asking much to be a uvm? It's not like I'm asking for us to be a witchita or a vcu/George mason

Yes, because it's HARD and if it were that easy there would be a ton of programs just like them that stay in their conference and are good almost every year.

Last time we beat them in the regular season I think Bush was in office... And people think this is acceptable?

I don't think it's acceptable. Also, someone mentioned SBU. I don't agree with this line of thinking. I would rather have had our past than theirs. Who do you think has built better memories while supporting their program over those years? The fans who got to go and watch their team play in the 3 NCAA tourneys, almost beat Uconn as a 16 seed and play Duke tough? Or the fans whose memories contain losing in the conf tourney EVERY year? Those memories of regular season wins must be so fun for them. hehe.

Hey, maybe we'll make a run this year again. Listen, I'm not gonna sit here and pine for sbu 20 win seasons and no ncaa trips.

I'm just disappointed we couldn't build more on them.

Agree with you both. Definitely disappointing. I just can't judge whether anything will be built or not off last year's run until I see the recruits the next few years. NO MORE JUCOS!

Hey, maybe we'll make a run this year again. Listen, I'm not gonna sit here and pine for sbu 20 win seasons and no ncaa trips.

I'm just disappointed we couldn't build more on them.

Agree with you both. Definitely disappointing. I just can't judge whether anything will be built or not off last year's run until I see the recruits the next few years. NO MORE JUCOS!

That's fair...on paper next years class does look good. Has some thing we really need like outside shooting in Twymann and Cremo. An athletic PG in Baker.

A lot of what's been said would make me feel better if this conference wasn't so horrible. Look we've lost Northeastern and BU since we joined. These were clearly two of the better teams in the conference. One championship in six years, ok. Think what would have happened had we not stumbled up Jacob Iati. Let's remember he was bolted to the bench until there were injuries and wasn't even supposed to play last year.

It's a dead horse but I just expected more. More regular season wins. More fans in the crowd. More exciting brand of BB. More consistency.

It's tough to go back in time but if somebody would have said that BU and NE are gone from the conference and UA is going to struggle to be a .500 team I would not have believed it. Yet here we are.

UA's men's bb team is average in a low level conference. The Universities leaders have picked football and women's basketball to be our showcase teams. I would not be surprised to see the women move to a "better" conference.

UA's men's bb team is average in a low level conference. The Universities leaders have picked football and women's basketball to be our showcase teams. I would not be surprised to see the women move to a "better" conference.

It would be an all sport move to a better conference.

It's quotes like this that drive me nuts. HOW ARE THE WOMEN MOVING TO A BETTER CONFERENCE WITHOUT THE REST OF THE SCHOOL?

And as a general rule, and following up on Dane Pound's general post expressing bewilderment, do you guys really think mid-low majors ALWAYS hit well with recruits. Further, most people whining now were praising the coaching job of our staff last year after losing what many thought were the most prolific scorers on the team.

It's like a group home for bi-polar on this board lately.

Again, I'm not all too happy with the season but let's not let facts get in the way: THIS TEAM HAS BEEN MISSING KEY PLAYERS OR HURT SINCE THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE SEASON. IT ALSO HAD TO REPLACE 6 PLAYERS BY A COACH WHO WAS BASICALLY A LAME DUCK. I can tell you this: When i was being recruited in H.S. if a coach was sitting on 1 year contract...there was no way I would have went that school.

We have what is considered to be a very solid four year class coming in that will try to mesh with some nice young pieces we have now. Bet your collective asses on this: When that class is sophs/jrs. with this years crops of frosh, if they aren't winning...Brown will likely be out.

That's not emotional, it's subjective but without letting W/L constitute my view of the team, solely. If by then you can't win...then something is seriously wrong.

Edited by Dane96

On the bright side we are the last team to win b2b championships. I just think the America east is so bad right now that there should be no reason for us not to win 10 games every year with BU now gone. I keep bringing up Lowell, but they have what six wins or so against D1 teams and all those teams are in this conference.

Anyone hear anything on the injury front? Is everyone healthy now or are they just keeping mum on everything? Because if they are back to where they were health wise when they played drake and Pitt, there should be no excuses..

What??

It's like a group home for bi-polar on this board lately.

Good stuff