UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Vermont 3/9 5pm

Maybe too much focus in this thread of who quit on this team and when they quit! The lesson is don't give up on a Will Brown coached team.

Not enough focus on this team that out-toughed a tough, experienced and hungry Vermont team. Gary John with a double-double and locked up Voekl. Really AE coaches? You leave him off the all-conference team and all-defensive teams.

A little unsung but Luke Devlin gave us rock-solid minutes off the bench.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little sissies... a quarter of the stands were filled with vermont fans.

They're starting to sound like $iena fans.

Brown's teams certainly seem to grasp the reality of post season, more often than not. That's how you approach games!

Intense, aggressive, pro-active b-ball. There were a few moments in the 2nd half where I wasn't sure if vermont's pressure would make us

pull back into our shell, or we'd attack it and make them pay.

"Brown's teams certainly seem to grasp the reality of post season, more often than not. That's how you approach games!

Intense, aggressive, pro-active b-ball."

Don't get me wrong--playoff wins are huge. But before our short memories turn to celebrating Will Brown like he's Dean Smith or John Wooden, where was this "Intense, aggressive, pro-active b-ball" throughout the season when everyone on this board--Brown supporters or not--kept saying time and again that the team seems to lack energy, interest, heart?

These runs are wonderful and we all like them, but I'd also love to feel like this team is over-achieving throughout the regular season sometimes. And that will help put more people in the seats.

"Brown's teams certainly seem to grasp the reality of post season, more often than not. That's how you approach games!

Intense, aggressive, pro-active b-ball."

Don't get me wrong--playoff wins are huge. But before our short memories turn to celebrating Will Brown like he's Dean Smith or John Wooden, where was this "Intense, aggressive, pro-active b-ball" throughout the season when everyone on this board--Brown supporters or not--kept saying time and again that the team seems to lack energy, interest, heart?

These runs are wonderful and we all like them, but I'd also love to feel like this team is over-achieving throughout the regular season sometimes. And that will help put more people in the seats.

Winning cures all, as expected...but I agree with you. There are things that can be worked on. Having said that, W or L on Saturday, this has turned into a good season...

Edited by Clickclack

Not sure winning cures all—I think these late season flourishes explain why, in part, the community still sees Siena as its team.

Make them excited about UAlbany each season for 4 months, not just 10 days.

We did have a lot of injuries at the beginning of the season don't forget. All those people are healthy now.

True- and that does explain why we're playing better and winning.

But it doesn't explain all the frustration about lack of intensity on these boards throughout the winter.

And it doesn't require blue-chip talent to play scrappy.

It's unproductive at the end of each season—after we finally step it up—to blissfully forget all those issues…only to have history repeat itself next time

True- and that does explain why we're playing better and winning.

But it doesn't explain all the frustration about lack of intensity on these boards throughout the winter.

And it doesn't require blue-chip talent to play scrappy.

It's unproductive at the end of each season—after we finally step it up—to blissfully forget all those issues…only to have history repeat itself next time

I don't even think we need to do this every year. Some years are rebuilding years, it's OK, you aren't gonna go dancing every single year. I just don't want there to be a perception formed that people demand a 'chip every year, it's not feasible. There are always things to work on as a program. This run just like last years is a lot of fun but there were a lot of miserable nights after bad losses this year. Make no mistake about it, there have been really bad losses so this while awesome doesn't completely erase some of those.

Granted, at this point I wouldn't change UVM's season for ours.

Part of the problem is that Coach stated we have great kids but no one is an "in-your-face" leader. Quite frankly, Peter Hooley's play and expression are making me think he is THAT guy. It's happened over the last month.

Truly, that's what we were missing, even with the injuries. We missed the fiery spirit of guys like Lucious, Brian L., Jacob Iati, etc.

Part of the problem is that Coach stated we have great kids but no one is an "in-your-face" leader. Quite frankly, Peter Hooley's play and expression are making me think he is THAT guy. It's happened over the last month.

Truly, that's what we were missing, even with the injuries. We missed the fiery spirit of guys like Lucious, Brian L., Jacob Iati, etc.

Certainly appears that something has "happened" to Hooley...he's playing out of his mind right now. Both sides of the court...it's fun to watch.