UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @Stony Brook 3/15 11:30am

Getting tickets for season ticket holders should not be too hard. Last year I recall us not even buying up all 600. There were UVM fans scattered all around in our section.

I am skiing at Whiteface next weekend, so this will be the first championship game that I have ever missed. But I am thinking of buying 2 tickets and donating them back to our school or BPF because I am afraid we will not buy up our allotment and more SB people will get to go. Will we definitely keep all of our tickets allocated?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are enough Albany alum on long island that we should figure out a way to hack the game and buy all the tickets from SBU folks who get them...

It's a damn shame the game is allowed to be held in that tiny gym.

Not just for fans. How much revenue is the conference missing out on because of that decision?

Some tickets went onsale through the alumni association tonight at 8pm. I was out but called a few friends to get tickets. I'm surprised that they actually got some but they are all spoken for, sorry. Just went to the page and they sold out. Here is the link.

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UAB/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=171093

There are enough Albany alum on long island that we should figure out a way to hack the game and buy all the tickets from SBU folks who get them...

Not just for fans. How much revenue is the conference missing out on because of that decision?

Fvck the America East and their lost revenue. They made their own bed changing their "by laws". Can't wait for the day we leave this half assed conference.

Why would conference revenue be a concern here? They voted to keep 250 visiting fans out

Getting tickets for season ticket holders should not be too hard. Last year I recall us not even buying up all 600. There were UVM fans scattered all around in our section.

I am skiing at Whiteface next weekend, so this will be the first championship game that I have ever missed. But I am thinking of buying 2 tickets and donating them back to our school or BPF because I am afraid we will not buy up our allotment and more SB people will get to go. Will we definitely keep all of our tickets allocated?

Don't think this is accurate about our allotment last year. I certainly don't remember green near me and I am too tired now to go find last years pictures. In an event aS others said there are certainly fewer tickets this year than we sold last year. In the past it has generally taken until Wednesday or Thursday to sell to the general public. The last time bu played Vermont I bought a ticket that way. But with this arena I would be shocked if that was the case this year. From what I heard sbu season ticket holders have until sometime tomorrow to buy their tickets.

Why would conference revenue be a concern here? They voted to keep 250 visiting fans out

I'm not saying I care about the conference revenue, I'm just saying it's another reason why it's such a lousy decision.

Not to rehash the "mediocre season vs awesome post-season argument;" but I am the type of person who lives and dies each game. In baseball {not to mention any teams, but see my username}, I will take a 100+ win season over a world series title any year. I know this goes against the prevailing sports philosophy--"championships is what is most important". I guess it is just my nature or my attitude that each and every contest matters. Anyhow, I love and will take and enjoy UA's successful post-season run, but personally (my opinion only), a 20+ win season would be more important.

A couple other random thoughts: I agree we lacked an in your face leader for a good part of the season, and Hooley seems to have taken on that role at the right time. It may have taken him awhile but remember he is ONLY a sophomore. I'll be @ lacrosse on Saturday radio in hand. I am a 40+ year season ticket holder and I am sure I could have gotten tickets to brook [would definitely have if I thought my behind was needed in the seats]. Let my spot go to one of you post season die hards. GO DANES!

Not to rehash the "mediocre season vs awesome post-season argument;" but I am the type of person who lives and dies each game. In baseball {not to mention any teams, but see my username}, I will take a 100+ win season over a world series title any year. I know this goes against the prevailing sports philosophy--"championships is what is most important". I guess it is just my nature or my attitude that each and every contest matters. Anyhow, I love and will take and enjoy UA's successful post-season run, but personally (my opinion only), a 20+ win season would be more important.

A couple other random thoughts: I agree we lacked an in your face leader for a good part of the season, and Hooley seems to have taken on that role at the right time. It may have taken him awhile but remember he is ONLY a sophomore. I'll be @ lacrosse on Saturday radio in hand. I am a 40+ year season ticket holder and I am sure I could have gotten tickets to brook [would definitely have if I thought my behind was needed in the seats]. Let my spot go to one of you post season die hards. GO DANES!

I'd also like the 20+ win season, but right now that isn't doable. For all the purple butts are in the SB seats on Saturday - make it loud.