UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @Stony Brook 3/15 11:30am

Not to rehash the "mediocre season vs awesome post-season argument;" but I am the type of person who lives and dies each game. In baseball {not to mention any teams, but see my username}, I will take a 100+ win season over a world series title any year. I know this goes against the prevailing sports philosophy--"championships is what is most important". I guess it is just my nature or my attitude that each and every contest matters. Anyhow, I love and will take and enjoy UA's successful post-season run, but personally (my opinion only), a 20+ win season would be more important.

A couple other random thoughts: I agree we lacked an in your face leader for a good part of the season, and Hooley seems to have taken on that role at the right time. It may have taken him awhile but remember he is ONLY a sophomore. I'll be @ lacrosse on Saturday radio in hand. I am a 40+ year season ticket holder and I am sure I could have gotten tickets to brook [would definitely have if I thought my behind was needed in the seats]. Let my spot go to one of you post season die hards. GO DANES!

I'd also like the 20+ win season, but right now that isn't doable. For all the purple butts are in the SB seats on Saturday - make it loud.

We got 20% of the tickets lets make the best out of it. Hopefully a few purple guys can sneak in. Maybe do the old sneak out with 2 ticket stubs and give one to someone who doesn't have one and re-enter ;)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rehash the "mediocre season vs awesome post-season argument;" but I am the type of person who lives and dies each game. In baseball {not to mention any teams, but see my username}, I will take a 100+ win season over a world series title any year. I know this goes against the prevailing sports philosophy--"championships is what is most important". I guess it is just my nature or my attitude that each and every contest matters. Anyhow, I love and will take and enjoy UA's successful post-season run, but personally (my opinion only), a 20+ win season would be more important.

A couple other random thoughts: I agree we lacked an in your face leader for a good part of the season, and Hooley seems to have taken on that role at the right time. It may have taken him awhile but remember he is ONLY a sophomore. I'll be @ lacrosse on Saturday radio in hand. I am a 40+ year season ticket holder and I am sure I could have gotten tickets to brook [would definitely have if I thought my behind was needed in the seats]. Let my spot go to one of you post season die hards. GO DANES!

My rational mind tells me that this line of thinking is nonsense...and yet there I am after every UNH and UML loss. I should institute a personal ban on myself posting after bad losses (I'm to weak to actually do it :)

To me there really is only "one" game that matters. The next one. Sure it is better to win more games than less games as we go along, but the most important game in any scenario is always the next one. Any time I get an "extra" next game like this week is a great bonus and sorry for anyone that can't go, but as long as I can get a ticket for a game like that I am going :)

Reading the Time-Union on line this morning I see nothing about Saturday's AE Championship Game. I do see something on Siena hoping for a post season bid. I expect their next post-season game to be in November.

Title bid leads back home Main story on print version of T-U sports page, fourth story under 'Local Sports' online

Reading the Time-Union on line this morning I see nothing about Saturday's AE Championship Game. I do see something on Siena hoping for a post season bid. I expect their next post-season game to be in November.

Title bid leads back home Main story on print version of T-U sports page, fourth story under 'Local Sports' online

and this is a surprise???? If it was up to me, I would cut off all media credentials for these hacks. If you were on twitter on Monday you would have heard Mark Singleis whining about the availability of the girls team to the media. Non story in my mind.

Edited by GreatDane87

and this is a surprise???? If it was up to me, I would cut off all media credentials for these hacks. If you were on twitter on Monday you would have heard Mark Singleis whining about the availability of the girls team to the media. Non story in my mind.

Seriously. Another tweet of his to the band admitted he saw the bands tribute to Sarah on ESPNU. In other words he wasn't even at the game. I suggested the same for Wilkin for Saturday, but coach told me I was tooo hard on him ;)

Edited by bob87

Seriously. Another tweet of his to the band admitted he saw the bands tribute to Sarah on ESPNU. In other words he wasn't even at the game. I suggested the same for Wilkin for Saturday, but coach told me I was tooo hard on him ;)

I am with you Bob...the problem is they are basically the only game in town and they know it. Andrew Santillo was at least fair and reasonable. He was the one guy that seemed to support the Danes sports in one way or another. I believe that the Sports Information Department should finally work to create additional exposure for UAlbany sports, improve the opportunities that they have currently and freeze out the negative Nancy's. I think those at the Times Union would then get the picture and come to the realization that backing one school and consistenly screwing over the more successful sports program won't be tolerated!

Edited by GreatDane87

Has Santillo gone elsewhere? I don't recall seeing anything from him for a while . . . or maybe I've just missed it. If so, our loss!

Yes

he left the newspaper business and someone posted where he went although I don't remember. He tweeted this weekend he was at his first game as a fan. Albany Vermont semifinal