UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @Stony Brook 3/15 11:30am

From the University press release: The Great Danes made 18 consecutive free throws in the game and went 18-for-19 (.947) from the charity stripe overall. UAlbany's performance from the free throw line ranks sixth in Division I history.

Edited by UAalum72

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS sports has us in the PIG vs. Mount St. Mary's, then on to St. Louis vs. Wichita St.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

MsGDG, this is all speculation until the official announcement, though their #1 seeds are probably set. Everybody's guessing, especially Lunardi about placement of the lowest ten conferences.

I know they are all guesses now :) , I meant the locations. Are the seed locations set or do those change around as well?

A couple of things I haven't seen mentioned:

-I had thought Warney's size and speed would bother Sam Rowley but it was just the opposite. Sam was having a field day.

-JUCOS. I complained about them in the past but DJ and Gary Johnson have changed all that. They were fantastic today. Both of them will leave UAlbany having never lost a game in the America East tournament.

-AE Coaches. If Peter Hooley is going to play out of his mind after you leave him off the first team then please leave him off again next year.

-I like home games but there is nothing sweeter than winning a championship on a rival's floor. It just does not get old.

I don't think they do the PIG game any more for automatic bids. Looks like it's the last four at large who play in Dayton in the first round. Plus cal poly and mt saint marys are both 500 or less so irrelevant either way

Still happily eating crow. Now let's build up the fan base based on this and get asses in the seats in the regular season and get the community excited season long

I don't think they do the PIG game any more for automatic bids. Looks like it's the last four at large who play in Dayton in the first round. Plus cal poly and mt saint marys are both 500 or less so irrelevant either way

Still happily eating crow. Now let's build up the fan base based on this and get asses in the seats in the regular season and get the community excited season long

There are four PIG games. Two are automatic bid 16/16 games. Just look at the bracket..

Edited by MsGDG

Could not have had a better time yesterday at the game. Down six with Rowley fouling out, we managed to keep our composure and fight back. I was more confident in winning this game than the semifinal game against Vermont. Nothing better than getting it done on the road. Congrats to coach Brown, players, and the university. Back to back is never an easy thing to do! As John Becker would say, money well spent! I've been a critic of coach Brown in the past and I ate my crow last year, and knew he would some how find a way to get it done. Even down 9-0 to start the game I was not worried at all.

Edited by UA'08

CBS sports has us in the PIG vs. Mount St. Mary's, then on to St. Louis vs. Wichita St.

http://www.cbssports...ll/bracketology

MsGDG, this is all speculation until the official announcement, though their #1 seeds are probably set. Everybody's guessing, especially Lunardi about placement of the lowest ten conferences.

I know they are all guesses now :) , I meant the locations. Are the seed locations set or do those change around as well?

\

No the only location set is Dayton for the PIG.

The other 8 locations get 2 "pods".

A pod being a 4 team grouping 1-16 w 8-9, a 2-15 w 7-10 , a 3-14 2 6-11 or a 4-13 w 5/12

1 "principle" is they try to keep the 1 to 4's close to home.