UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney: vs. Mount St. Mary's -- Tues @ 6:40PM

The regular season matters and it would be great to have some of those games back but this is where we are. It's March and we're dancing so I will gladly take it.

The great part about feeling disrespected and being in a tournament is that you have a chance to prove the selection committee was wrong by winning. Let's start there.

On the bright side, in today's paper Peter Hooley said he is going to graduate with four championship rings. That gives us a couple more chances for a better seed. I wish that kid had more confidence.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The regular season matters and it would be great to have some of those games back but this is where we are. It's March and we're dancing so I will gladly take it.

The great part about feeling disrespected and being in a tournament is that you have a chance to prove the selection committee was wrong by winning. Let's start there.

On the bright side, in today's paper Peter Hooley said he is going to graduate with four championship rings. That gives us a couple more chances for a better seed. I wish that kid had more confidence.

I tried to like your post but apparently I've reached a quote of positive votes for the day. ;)

Click- What respect? Yeah, on paper I think we are better than Weber. But really, we are not beating Arizona, so it doesn't bother me. Coastal-- yeah, I think we are better. But we've played Virginia in recent tourney history...so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Plus, Virginia is a match-up nightmare for us...irrespective they are the weakest 1 seed.

The 15's? Even with the back-to-back, a 15 seed is a stretch. Even if we won 3 more games (like I think we would've if we were healthy all season). Playoff time...we are a 6 man rotation, with Dallas coming on in spot duty for the 7th. 6 man rotations don't get 15 seeds. Additionally, they were not going to match us with Duke. Villanova...would wax us badly on personnel match-ups. They are #1 seed that happened to get upset. Virginia basically replaced them.

So, your left with two options if your the committee: PIG or the last #15.

PIG perspective, it doesn't matter if you're in the Florida or Wichita State bracket. Florida is Florida, and Wichita State is going to be on a mission since the committee basically thumbed there noses at them. Wouldn't want to play them. So if we are going to be in the PIG, I'm glad we are not in their PIG. With Florida, at least you're getting National Exposure. That game will be the featured game of the day.

They could have seeded us #15 against Michigan. Again, a team that is an insane #2. Michigan State might be the best team in the country today (playing amazing basketball), and they are the only reason Michigan didn't take Villanova's spot (UVA did). So again, I think we are better than Wofford but I'd rather NOT play Michigan. Bad matchup.

So, the committee gave us a winnable game in the PIG (though the Mount is on fire right now, I watched the RMU game and they destroyed them). That means they also gave us the ability to rake in 1.2 mm or so for the league x 2 credits I believe. In addition, they gave us cheaper and easier travel (the school has to pay for it) to get to Orlando. They also gave us two major games of exposure. Don't see the issues here.

Not sure you aren't in the "I'm going to set myself on fire" mode again. ;)

Dane, all of this is great but...my post was simply highlighting at least one poster saying this was a slap in the face to which I responded this is why the regular season matters IF YOU ARE OF THE OPINION that this is a slap. To be crystal clear, I am NOT saying this is a slap to the face. I have NO problem with this game or our seeding based on our year. And I'm certainly NOT lighting myself on fire over this...not even close.

Edited by Clickclack

You were referencing my 'it's a slap in the face'. Yep, regular season does matter, especially now with the expansion.

There shouldn't have been an expansion. It favors bubble teams, and hurts conferences like ours.

Regardless, we're in the tourny... stony brook, vermont... are sitting home watching us. Hooley.... who doesn't love Hooley!

Glad to have him for two more years. Now let's go get us a tourny win, or two. Gotta get by MSM first.

It is nice to be in the National Championship tournament. It would be far more satisfying if we get a crack at Florida. We all know the odds of UA beating Florida are very, very slim but that is why the game is played. Just giving Florida a good scrap will help the program.

I tried to like your post but apparently I've reached a quote of positive votes for the day. ;)

Funny, I got the same message. Never seen it before. Maybe there's nothing positive about Monday mornings.

Funny, I got the same message. Never seen it before. Maybe there's nothing positive about Monday mornings.

The error probably should have read, you can't like posts without first setting yourself on fire.