UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney Round 2: vs. Florida -- Thurs @ 4:10PM

Ty to y'all for a fun season at the SEFCU and on the bipurplefans board. Onto the ladies Sunday, Spring ball and all our other terrific programs - what a real athletics department looks like - take note $iena.

After the ladies it's lax and spring football...And we await the decision on the CAA.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am being picky here but maybe Billy Donovan could get off his high horse for one minute and say something nice about UA or Brown or DJ during the press conference? He basically said nothing about them until Zack Bye asked him the question below. Maybe could've said something like, "They played a great game and Brown had them very well prepared. They deserve a lot of credit and those kids played their hearts out." But instead we get a surprised look and the answer below. I now have something to root for the rest of the tourney.....Florida losing.

Q. What was your expectations for Albany coming into this game and did they exceed your expectations?

BILLY DONOVAN: My expectations on Albany? I thought they would play hard. I'm not surprised by the game. I don't think there was anything that was really surprising to us. I thought they got really good minutes out of Puk. I thought he played well, made some 15‑foot shots. He struggled, I thought, in their conference tournament to shoot and score. I thought his points gave them a boost. Rowley, I didn't think played particularly well. He was 1 for 8, he struggled a little bit and I thought he we did a really, really good job on Hooley. And I thought Evans was crafty in a lot of ways. I don't know if they played out of character to them, or my expectations probably were the way the game went how it was going to go.

He's had nothing but good things to say about us since he found out he was playing us on Tuesday night. I actually think those comments mean that he knew we would be competitive. Listened to him on the radio and he told his team to throw out seedings when it comes to tournament time

Certainly a great time for albany sports! We need to capitalize on this and use this as an advantage for all sports.

Also to add coming off b2b championships I think coach brown has learned from the mistakes he made off the las b2b ones. Hopefully he stays with albany.

Edited by UA'08

Heard wyland on his radio show had a gripe with Donavan not giving us credit. Maybe it's me then. I thought it was classy of Donavan dribbling out the shot clock with 13 sec left still. They could have chucked up a three and made the win by 15 instead of 12.

I think Donovan was just caught like Will has been caught-- he is pissed off at his team...and he was at the same time not feeling the need to overly praise the Danes because he did expect us to put up a fight.

I actually had no problem with his comments...

Very nice article by Pete:

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Brown-keeps-his-players-tough-5336705.php

"Probably Brown has been underappreciated too long. What's often lost in the wisecracking sense of humor and occassionally balky brain-to-mouth filter is the simple fact that the guy has proven himself to be a damn good basketball coach.

He's now steered the Great Danes to the NCAA Tournament four times in nine seasons, making it hard to remember that 13 years ago, he took over a fledgling Division I program so threadbare that the Danes once finished a game with only four players on the court."

I have always been proud to be a Great Dane fan (+40years). Never more so than today. There have surely been some days as equals (at my age the memories get kind of blurred), but surely none that surpass the past couple of weeks for Great Dane athletics.

Edited by dslyank

UA sent out an email contribution solicitation last night. Great idea!

I donated and I recommend you do as well. That donation spike is ammo for athletic expansion and a shield against critics.

See below

-------------------

As thousands of alumni across the world get ready to cheer on our men's and women's Great Danes in the NCAA basketball tournament, alumni are prouder and more excited about UAlbany than ever!

Now is the perfect time to make a UAlbany Fund gift in honor of your favorite team or program. Every gift makes a powerful statement that our University is worth supporting, and helps our programs advance to the next level of excellence.

Basketball not your thing? Whatever your passion, there are countless ways your gift can create opportunity for UAlbany students, any one of whom could become the next great physician to cure a disease, the next tech giant or the next novelist to tell a story that has never been told before. At UAlbany, the possibilities and the promise are endless.

However you choose to support UA, it's a great time to invest in UAlbany students and programs. Thank you for your continued support, and GO, GREAT DANES!

Watch the Men's Team:

Today at 4:10 on TBS

UAlbany Men vs Florida

Amway Center - Orlando Florida Watch the Women's Team:

Sunday March 23, 2014

3:00 on ESPN

Maravich Center - Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Tim Murphy '77

President, UAlbany Alumni Association

Giving to UAlbany

The University at Albany Foundation UAlbany Sports

UAlbany Fund • The University at Albany Foundation • UAB 226 • 1400 Washington Avenue • Albany, NY 12222 • 1-800-577-7869

Please send questions and comments about this email to uafund@albany.edu.

To ensure delivery of our emails to your inbox, please add uafund@albany.edu to your address book.

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, unsubscribe here.