UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney Round 2: vs. Florida -- Thurs @ 4:10PM

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 8m

Casey Prather, Florida's leading scorer on UAlbany: "They definitely can beat us. They're a good team." #Pinocchio

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

Billy Donovan: "Our guys have an enormous amount of respect and fully expect a great challenge." He was then selling snow outside Amway.

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

Florida coach Billy Donovan on UAlbany: "They've earned the right to play the game. They've had a heck of a year," Of course he'd say that.

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

It does matter a bit. 16 seed (UAlbany) has never beat 1 seed (Florida). "The team that plays the hardest will win," Finney-Smith said

We all know what we are up against...but what other professional beat writer treats the team he covers like that?

I don't know who that guy is, but he's not a normal UF guy.

He's a jackass, and a pathetic excuse for a sports writer

I wish massive, chronic, explosive diarrhea on him. Well, and Putin too, but Wilkin is a start.

I think he is a clown as well, but twitter is for people to express their feelings and get whatever they have to say out. As long as his published articles aren't that way I can care less what he tweets out. His articles seem to have been ok so far on the tournament. If he's making those comments in the articles then there's a big problem.

Also it all comes from the top. So Pete is the real problem here allowing him to make those comments on his twitter. He's in charge of the sports department correct?

Though if you use twitter, and you use it for your job, then anything you tweet is/can be related back to your employer. Maybe he doesn't get that..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 8m

Casey Prather, Florida's leading scorer on UAlbany: "They definitely can beat us. They're a good team." #Pinocchio

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

Billy Donovan: "Our guys have an enormous amount of respect and fully expect a great challenge." He was then selling snow outside Amway.

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

Florida coach Billy Donovan on UAlbany: "They've earned the right to play the game. They've had a heck of a year," Of course he'd say that.

Tim Wilkin@tjwilkin 1h

It does matter a bit. 16 seed (UAlbany) has never beat 1 seed (Florida). "The team that plays the hardest will win," Finney-Smith said

We all know what we are up against...but what other professional beat writer treats the team he covers like that?

I don't know who that guy is, but he's not a normal UF guy.

He's a jackass, and a pathetic excuse for a sports writer

I wish massive, chronic, explosive diarrhea on him. Well, and Putin too, but Wilkin is a start.

I think he is a clown as well, but twitter is for people to express their feelings and get whatever they have to say out. As long as his published articles aren't that way I can care less what he tweets out. His articles seem to have been ok so far on the tournament. If he's making those comments in the articles then there's a big problem.

Also it all comes from the top. So Pete is the real problem here allowing him to make those comments on his twitter. He's in charge of the sports department correct?

Though if you use twitter, and you use it for your job, then anything you tweet is/can be related back to your employer. Maybe he doesn't get that..

That is true. That's why I think Pete is just as much to blame here allowing him to use his twitter like that. I just checked and in his twitter handle he does out down that he is a TU reporter. What an idiot.

So, who from the board made it down, or is making their way down, to Orlando for the game?

Bags were packed for Orlando but a family illness put the brakes on things. Stinks to not be there but part of the saved air fare cash will be donated to UA.

A coffee table and lamp got knocked over in the Dane Pound household during the celebration of Tuesday night's win. Gonna play it safe today and watch the game at ATSP.

So, who from the board made it down, or is making their way down, to Orlando for the game?

Bags were packed for Orlando but a family illness put the brakes on things. Stinks to not be there but part of the saved air fare cash will be donated to UA.

A coffee table and lamp got knocked over in the Dane Pound household during the celebration of Tuesday night's win. Gonna play it safe today and watch the game at ATSP.

Same hear. Been under the weather as well. Been to the first 3. Was all set to drive to Dayton and then down i-75

Was hoping to read some more posts today. Obviously think we have to continue the ground and pound type play. I am concerned about the Florida press quite a bit. I also think in order to beat them we are going to need alot of 3 pointers to go down so guess that means Evans and Hooley. To leave on a positive we hung with UConn learned a lesson vs UVA hung with Duke last year, I think we definately have the experience necessary to pull off the upset. Gotta hope for a perfect game from us and poor performance from them. Going to leave work in an hour and a half to meet up with my old roomates at a bar. Would love to hear everyones thoughts on game today as I have checked out of actually working quite some time ago lol. LETS GO DANES!

Edited by dmurph43

I'm usually a big believer of reality but I'm suspending that belief today.

I want to see 40 minutes of tough RooAlbany basketball. Value our possesions, moderate tempo and hit some threes like we did against Duke. Then hope it comes down to a free throw shooting contest - our one advantage.

Edited by Dane Pound