UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney Round 2: vs. Florida -- Thurs @ 4:10PM

Now we all know the TU has the most negative titles to articles...so it's great to see the National Media give us some good tag lines...

ESPN Front page on the bottom left "Florida Survives Albany" ...who thought we'd ever year that?!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current TU headline online:

UAlbany comes up short

Way to show any respect or admiration for your hometown team.

And it's an AP story to boot. No one available to crank something out, I guess.

Exactly..what I just tweeted. We get national love and the TU honestly goes out of their way to crap on our great effort. I mean it has to be on purpose because it's every time.

One more person steps up besides DJ and we win hooley 1-10 rowley 1-8 ugh so close great effort amazing Coaching/gameplan playing in the 50-60s better hope Coach Brown sticks around and nobody else opens their checkbook. I know some of u guys dont always support CB but to hang with UCONN DUKE and now FLA with a 6-7 man rotation and ONE GUY playing well today (Puk and Johnson no offense but mean one of our bigger scorers) from the America East is pure 100% AWESOME coaching/gameplan. I could care less about our regular season record. THIS is what matters I've had a super fun week because of Albany basketball in March. Cant believe Im saying those words as a 2004 graduate who watched the EJ Gallup teams when the crowd went wild vs Syracuse when we cut it to under 30. A 13 seed may help win a game or 2 but Im not getting greedy. Ill take a year like this every year. We are gonna get a W in "round 2" soon. Great job all around from coaches to all the players and more importantly for the loyal fans on here. Been a reader for years!! Lastly a round of applause for the senior DJ Evans at 5'8 getting knocked around all day was clutch in the 2014 NCAA tourney! Congrats guys hope u all enjoyed the run ! Lets go on a run next year we are right there and America was watching and rooting again today like UCONN hope it helps a bunch on the recruiting trail!

We are all thinking and saying the same thing. We are so proud of the Great Danes. Coach Brown, his staff and most of all the great young men who made up this team. They went toe to toe with the best college basketball team in the country. The never backed down, they never quit, they never gave up and they gave Florida a great fight. Everyone who is a part of this team showed class and true grit. Congratulations guys, you are great.

Ty to y'all for a fun season at the SEFCU and on the bipurplefans board. Onto the ladies Sunday, Spring ball and all our other terrific programs - what a real athletics department looks like - take note $iena.

After the ladies it's lax and spring football...And we await the decision on the CAA.

Edited by Clickclack

Don Bassett gets a mention on the St. Louis-NC State game, as SLU misses 10 foul shots and needs a free throw guru.

Edit: they miss an 11th to take the lead after being 16 points down, so they're going to overtime.

Edited by UAalum72

Ty to y'all for a fun season at the SEFCU and on the bipurplefans board. Onto the ladies Sunday, Spring ball and all our other terrific programs - what a real athletics department looks like - take note $iena.

After the ladies it's lax and spring football...And we await the decision on the CAA.

The caa decision is key. Are we ready to make that jump talent wise? Should be interesting.

The caa decision is key. Are we ready to make that jump talent wise? Should be interesting.

No on the talent meaning we'd probably struggle as we got up to speed... and probably no on the money at this point...

want a really good UA article...BOOM: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-story-behind-albany-s-awful--or-awesome---uniforms-004429223-ncaab.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

beats anythign written by the TU in the last decade about this program

Maybe I am being picky here but maybe Billy Donovan could get off his high horse for one minute and say something nice about UA or Brown or DJ during the press conference? He basically said nothing about them until Zack Bye asked him the question below. Maybe could've said something like, "They played a great game and Brown had them very well prepared. They deserve a lot of credit and those kids played their hearts out." But instead we get a surprised look and the answer below. I now have something to root for the rest of the tourney.....Florida losing.

Q. What was your expectations for Albany coming into this game and did they exceed your expectations?

BILLY DONOVAN: My expectations on Albany? I thought they would play hard. I'm not surprised by the game. I don't think there was anything that was really surprising to us. I thought they got really good minutes out of Puk. I thought he played well, made some 15‑foot shots. He struggled, I thought, in their conference tournament to shoot and score. I thought his points gave them a boost. Rowley, I didn't think played particularly well. He was 1 for 8, he struggled a little bit and I thought he we did a really, really good job on Hooley. And I thought Evans was crafty in a lot of ways. I don't know if they played out of character to them, or my expectations probably were the way the game went how it was going to go.