UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Doesn't look like a head to head hit or anything...might just have knocked him out cold or something and that's why they took him off?

Anyway...I can't stop watching that video. After the agony of last year...even under these circumstances...it was SO EPIC. The place went BANANAS.

Now, I'm dying to know why... on our last offensive drive and 4 down set... we chose to go deep on 2nd and 9

and 3rd and 9??? We had brought it out to the 30 already and were moving the ball. And we had 5 minutes left on the clock.

This bothered me also. In the first twenty minutes of the game Fiacchi was trusted only once to throw the ball downfield. Then, needing ten yards to keep their drive alive, they twice try for 30+ yard sideline routes.

I checked the score on my phone and it said Albany down by 6 and HC with the ball at the 30 with 1:41 left. Checked at 1am and it said Albany 14-13. Crazy haha.

6748 was the attendance last night. A little disappointing. Would have liked to see us reach that 8,500 mark for opening night. Oh well. Hopefully a gutty miracle win will bring more fans to the game. Field looked good watching the ESPN3 replay.

Now, I'm dying to know why... on our last offensive drive and 4 down set... we chose to go deep on 2nd and 9

and 3rd and 9??? We had brought it out to the 30 already and were moving the ball. And we had 5 minutes left on the clock.

This bothered me also. In the first twenty minutes of the game Fiacchi was trusted only once to throw the ball downfield. Then, needing ten yards to keep their drive alive, they twice try for 30+ yard sideline routes.

Look back in this thread. I posted in anger about the two long passes right when they happened. Didn't like that at all.

Also, do yourself a favor if you haven't seen the broadcast. Go to the link below and skip to about 2 hours and 50 mins in. Announcers are talking about how Gattuso should feel good even though they are going to lose and then mentions herm edwards and miracle of the meadowlands directly before the big play. And you get about 4 angles of the play. So awesome!!!!

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1965062/

"I appreciate the people who came out," Gattuso said. "I hope they stick with us. There's going to be a day where this is going to be a big ticket. We're the (only) Division I team in a couple-hundred-mile radius here. I hope the fans keep coming, but we've got to earn them. I almost left when it was 13-0. We know we've got work to do."

Much whining on the HC board about the helmet-to-helmet hit (and a hit out of bounds, and Parker pushed off to get open for the TD) though a couple thought the hit was legal. One other point was the action is supposed to stop when the ball carrier loses his helmet, or is he no longer the carrier once he fumbles?

My question is about that "illegal block" when Gontarek signals fair catch, the punt goes into the end zone, HC player runs into Gontarek, and Gontarek is penalized. No replay or explanation, though announcers said we should have been called for too many on the field. But the actual call meant we started on the two-yard-line instead of the twenty (or rekick if the other penalty were called).

Kyle Jordan (#31) is being credited with the hit (on the telecast, the T-U, and Morrisons' interview) but he came in from the side to stop Guld, maybe stripped the ball, but I think it was Sam Gray (#97) who fought thru a double team and hit the runner head on (Cross fans say he "launched himself", but that's a lot to accomplish on a dive play).

Not sure how many times I saw JoJo McClary (#8) fall down while trying to cover or tackle a receiver.