UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to invest in a poncho...does UA have any UA ones? Oh wait...we don't sell anything worth a damn. /done

Have you ever asked for a meeting with the Athletics Dept to talk to them about what you'd like to see and your thoughts? It may be useful if you haven't because this board is just a board with faceless avatars and fake names. If you meet with them they may take your thoughts into consideration. Because saying stuff on here goes no where. Gotta get into action with the staff if you want to make a difference.

I've sent a few emails...but I have not had any face to face sit downs. Perhaps I should. There is a bunch of things I'd like to see sold (with UA logos).

I think that it shows BPF is just a tiny portion of the fan base when we can't even get 30 people to go on a fan bus to Rhode Island. It's a circular argument whether things like merchandise increase fan involvement which would make them take a bus. Or does the school not invest in merchandise because they can't even get 30 people to go to RI..do you invest in expensive merchandise like jerseys etc if you can't get 30 whole fans to even take a bus..it's interesting. I'm not in marketing and I'm sure it's more complicated than it seems.

Hopefully with the new ADs background we'll see an overall shift in marketing and merchandise that may bring different things to the table that we haven't seen at UA.

BUT, we still have to remember we are a state entity that has budget constraints. So outside fundraising will be important.

I digress..back to JMU...

Edited by MsGDG

I've sent a few emails...but I have not had any face to face sit downs. Perhaps I should. There is a bunch of things I'd like to see sold (with UA logos).

I think that it shows BPF is just a tiny portion of the fan base when we can't even get 30 people to go on a fan bus to Rhode Island. It's a circular argument whether things like merchandise increase fan involvement which would make them take a bus. Or does the school not invest in merchandise because they can't even get 30 people to go to RI..do you invest in expensive merchandise like jerseys etc if you can't get 30 whole fans to even take a bus..it's interesting. I'm not in marketing and I'm sure it's more complicated than it seems.

Hopefully with the new ADs background we'll see an overall shift in marketing and merchandise that may bring different things to the table that we haven't seen at UA.

BUT, we still have to remember we are a state entity that has budget constraints. So outside fundraising will be important.

I digress..back to JMU...

I hear what you're saying.

Maybe I can coax them into a 'one time' production of some goods for the season ticket holders at least...since we are obviously the biggest supporters of the program and are probably more willing to spend $100, $200 dollars on merchandise since we know that it furthers the program and is a type of 'donation' of sorts.

There is some outerwear stuff at the bookstore. I wish more of it was purple.

We have a slightly different problem at our house. Our cars are fitted with Great Dane license plate holders. Our shelves are will with Great Dane coffee cups and beer mugs, we have Great Dane artwork on the wall, a UAlbany flag that flies on game days and purple UAlbany blankets on our couch. Lady DP actually wishes they made a little less UA gear sometimes.

Funny stuff DP

As for 60s and rain....I remember sitting though some nasty days on the old football field in November..

and remember a few February lacrosse games in the 10s & 20s with 30+ mph winds. Saturday is going to be CAKE.

Edited by uofalbany

My 9 year old son saw the video of Gattuso announcing the Damien bobblehead at the stadium on Saturday and is begging me to take him to the game so he can get one. Unfortunately we can't make it up there for several reasons. I know it's a long shot but if anyone gets an extra and can spare to send I can pay for shipping.

Can't wait to watch this game. Excited to see how we fare against better competition. Need strong QB play!

How many bobbleheads does one get?

And how early do you think I'd need to get there to get one? I really want one too (or two), to add to my collection of UA stuff at my office (have a yellow mini-helmet that I bought on EBay and the Brown/Coach Abe ball that was given to season ticket holders a couple years ago). Also have a growl towel from a few years ago hanging on my cubicle wall.