UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This article has a 2011 NCAA memo to officials re: intentional grounding. Play Situation 1. and Example 12. seem to be the ones that apply, and the pass would have been legal IF an eligible receiver was in the area. Without knowing who lined up where, we'll never know.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-Football-2792/2011/10/intentional-grounding-1.htm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the streaming video last night and was happy with how the team performed. No moral victories but I was impressed that they' were able to battle especially when they went down 14 points

1. Fiacchi seemed to be running for his life but played a great game - a lot of clutch passes especially on third and fourth down. He had a couple of fumbles but we recovered both of them.

2. Gontarek seems to find a way to get open and make big plays. A couple of drops but had another great game.

3. Brad Harris is emerging as a very good wide receiver. He is getting open, making the catch and running for a lot of yards after the catch.

4. Rayshan Clark is a very good cover corner but it looked like he was in position and just missed a tackle on Vad Lee on the long touchdown run and missed another tackle on a touchdown pass. Didn't see a replay but he appeared to be in good position for both tackles

5. I've never seen a goal line play quite like the 4th and goal where the fullback dives over the top. I guess the thought is the defensive line would go low thinking Omar was getting the ball and that would create space for Andre Martin.

6. Brian Parker finds a way to catch the ball no matter how well he's defended.

7. Kologrivov had a cast or something on his arm. Wonder if that impacted his play.

8. Omar ran hard and almost never has negative yards.

9. Linebackers did a great job at getting to the ball. I think there were a couple of personal fouls but they were making plays overall.

10. I think the defensive had their hands full. JMU was big on the offensive line and it's difficult to defend Vad Lee.

Anyway, Richmond is next. Let's hope we have a good crowd at homecoming.

nice comment from 'jmuroadwarrior' who was apparently at the game...

Albany the University, the football team and their stadium are a lot more impressive than many on this board realize. Who knows? with their history of 31 ( yes 31) NCAA tournament appearances in multiple sports since 2003, they may get to FBS sooner than us.

Gontarek co-rookie of the week again. I love this kid. He's going to be UAlbany's greatest receiver too date.

The dude is good; I can see now why he was Gattuso's #1 recruit (even if I still think he calls for too many fair catches.)

A good showing for UA athletes with the weekly honors:

-Field hockey player and rookie of the week.

-Volleyball player of the week.

-Men's soccer player of the week.

-Women's soccer rookie of the week.

Let's hope for a similar showing next week.

Edited by haggyland