UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

How good would would UA be with healthy Cochran and Lands right now?????

Honestly, was thinking about this last night. Pretty impressive the team still have the talent it does with 3 scholarship players done. Lands is the big one, could use more depth down low right now.

I would expect Healy at 1 next year... Nichols at 2 and cremo at 3

I dunno. This back court of Nichols, Cremo and Campbell is likely going to be an 18-20 win team. I'd be reluctant to split that up.

I'd like to see what summer workouts together with Anderson, Cochran, Cremo, Nichols and Campbell produce before I'd think about starting freshman. This looks more like Cremo's freshman year when everyone came back and he came off the bench.

• Like 1

If finding time to play guys who should all be getting major minutes is the biggest problem we have next year..then we should all be pretty happy. It almost always looks like a bigger issue on paper than it really is/will be.

Healy sounds like a great recruit..but will still be just a freshman. Maitland..if we land him..is still an underclassman. It looks like he could be eligible next year..but would likely still have to be granted a waiver by the NCAA. Cochran sounds like the real deal..but is just one JUCO year removed from HS and will be coming off double hip surgery. And while playing time is certainly important..it's not the end all be all. Nichols got very limited minutes as a freshman guard and stayed. Baker got 14mpg and transferred.

And I think we only need to look at this season to see how quickly depth can evaporate. Talent shakes out and injuries happen. I doubt Cremo and Nichols are playing as much as they are because Coach Brown wants them to..but because he needs them to. Cremo's at 36.2mpg and Nichols is at 33.3mpg. Even with last year's senior backcourt..Singletary led the way at 33.3mpg.

Not sure where the extra scholarship would be coming from..but Maitland sounds like he'd be a great get.

Edited by Phoenix

Assuming no one leaves, and no additional players sign:

Sr.: Andrews(RS), Greyson, Anderson, Stire, Charles, Garcia

Junior: Lands(RS), Cremo, Nichols, Campbell

Soph: Cochran(RS), Fruscio

Fresh: Healy, Hank, Lulka

With Fruscio being a walk-on that's one over the scholarship level, so at least one has to go, or pay their own way, and that's no room for any of the other offers out there unless the team loses 2 or more.

Either way, that is an exciting lineup and looks incredibly good for the next 3-4 years!

One or more of the incoming freshman could redshirt as well and pay their own way? That's probably less likely because none of them would qualify for in-state tuition.

Cremo and Stire take one for the team and take half scholarships. That would probably cover the whole instate tuition. Would that even be legal to do in the NCAA?

One or more of the incoming freshman could redshirt as well and pay their own way? That's probably less likely because none of them would qualify for in-state tuition.

Cremo and Stire take one for the team and take half scholarships. That would probably cover the whole instate tuition. Would that even be legal to do in the NCAA?
Basketball's a counter sport. Giving one guy a 1/2 ride doesn't free up a spot for another player.