UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a clue as to what the referees were actually trying to call. Said "illegal block" using the false start/illegal formation hand signal. Effectively called it a five yard penalty..I think. Two 15 yard penalties on Delaware..resulted in a net 25 yards..started kicking from the 35 yard line then moved to the Delaware 40 yard line.

Okay, I've finally got some time to think about this game for a bit (drove 5hrs to Buffalo after leaving so did a lot of thinking lol).

1) WHO WAS CALLING THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS!? Osbourne was barely used this game. They had 7 rushing yards halfway through the third quarter. Did we forget we have an ALL-CONFERENCE back? It was ridiculous.

2) Will made me shut up today. I thought, for the most part, he played a great game. Kudos, kid.

3) Our defense still can't tackle. Way too many arm tackles. How many times are we going to see guys get 5-6 YAC on each play?

4) The officiating. No words. That is all. I've never seen so many missed calls or bogus calls in my life. I'm usually not one to complain about referee's but this was just HORSE ****.

It was a great game ruined by a few select individuals as stated above.

My thoughts:

1. Fiacchi played the game of his career. He played like a top notch FCS QB.

2. We didn't go to the run enough but the rushing stat is skewed because of the botched punt. That cost us negative rushing yards.

3. We lost the Special Teams battle so we lost.

4. It was the worst officiated game I've ever seen at this level. The Refs should be disciplined for it.

BUT....we had ample opportunity to win that game before the last onsides kick and we didn't

5. Our D-Line is so undersized and that really lost the game for us. We couldn't keep contain at all. Their QB was bigger and stronger than our D-end. It won't work at this level.

I echo Danefan's entire review above.

About the onside kick, they called the illegal hit on Cooper, who made the hit, and it is mind blowing. Further, if they did indeed mean it was an illegal touching of a player before ten yards, two things come into play:

1. If the player had no effect on the outcome, it is no-call per the rule book.

2. If the player had an effect on the outcome, the call is ILLEGAL CONTACT and not an ILLEGAL BLOCK.

Finally, the Delaware player had the ball for about 1 to 1.5 seconds, cradled, and then got hit. It's a live and legal play, hence none of the above come into play.

The referees should absolutely be sanctioned for this game...without question.

Edited by Dane96