UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @Providence 11/15 7pm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That missed three of the Singletary drive would have been a back braker, just rimmed out.

This team if they stay healthy will be something in a month or twom

HAHA! Got you before the edit. :)

You suck... Back in out! Lol

I edited mine. You can edit yours on previous page and it never happened. HAHA! :)

That missed three of the Singletary drive would have been a back braker, just rimmed out.

This team if they stay healthy will be something in a month or twom

HAHA! Got you before the edit. :)

You suck... Back in out! Lol

I edited mine. You can edit yours on previous page and it never happened. HAHA! :)

HAHA... *interweb high five*

I couldn't follow the game tonight because of another commitment, so it was great to come here and see all the comments. They tell a good story about the flow of the game tonight. I love the optimism expressed here tonight about this team; with so many new players it's great to see how well they already play together.

What's going on with Green...he played so well in the scrimmage, I thought he'd be in there a bit. Is he injured?

Green looked OK health wise to me. Ede was in street clothes tonight though.

The impressive thing for me tonight. Going into that kind of environment, the lights down, the banner raising, big crowd with six new guys getting minutes and none of them looked overwhelmed by the stage at all. Singletary and Saunders looked like they've been here for years.

Mike Rowley looked good knocking down a couple of midrange jumpers. That's going to help us a lot. Tough night for turnovers for the Rowley brothers but they brutal matchups.

I haven't seen Peter Hooley's night mentioned much. 15 pts, 6 assists and 5 rebounds. That's not a bad night considering Providence was keying on him. Friars fans were terrified of Singletary by the time the game was over. We really can have scoring from all five starters on the floor.

Providence fan said to me late in the game when it was tied "you're ruining our championship night." Yeah, that's exactly why I drove here. When that three left Hooley's hand and the end I thought we were headed for upset city.

Congrats to Wheeler and Stire for their first collegiate points.

3-8 free throws - it felt worse than that, probably because until the last 30 seconds we were 1-6 and PC 8-20, before Peter made 2 and PC made 4. 18 turnovers. But we were even rebounding and 7-17 from three.

Oh, and I thought Jim Burr retired five years ago, isn't he like 70 years old now?

Edited by UAalum72

"...the Danes were fortified by the addition of junior college additions such as point guard Evan Singletary, who scored a team-high 18 points and was the best guard on the floor."

Now that's certainly great to read.

There was a second of that on the Scout story from Providence.

Tough match-up for Sam; but if he played better, I think we win. I am not blaming him; but when he faces ultra bigs, he needs to change his game. Maybe be more of a decoy and kick the ball back out more, rather than trying to muscle his way inside. As strong as he is, sometimes the competition is just too big/and strong. To his credit, he did have a bunch of rebounds, even with limited minutes .

Anyhow, a good start and I think/hope it is a sign of many wins to come. I was impressed with all the new guys that played and they are only going to get better. I thought Stire played and looked like a beast {does he ever smile--anyone see him at CBA? He seems very intense}. Singletary and Sanders seem in mid-season form and I DO NOT think they will need the customary juco adjustment period. Baker will and can help this team and it only needs to be determined if his contribution out weighs the frosh mistakes he is bound to have. I was a little disappointed that Dallas did not even take a shot (unless I missed it), but coach on the post game radio said Dallas was forced to play out of position due to fowl trouble and Providence size. So, I did not see anything to discourage me from my +20 prediction on the Friday poll. Maybe as someone said we are getting closer to the Big East.

After today's historic women's team results, the women appear to be ready. GO LADY DANES (field hockey, bb, volleyball).

Edited by dslyank