UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Watching Duke vs North Carolina today and just wish we were in a league like the ACC for Lacrosse I know that sports is cyclical and that the ACC is the strongest conference but I just feel like playing in the AE really hinders us. We need UMBC or Stony Brook to step it up and consistently be good otherwise I think our league doesn't offer us enough competition to work on our weaknesses.

Honestly, I don't wanna be in a conference were we finish middle of the pack or dead-last every year in any sport. Frankly, this issue has been brought up in every part of this board. Let's just talk this season.

Didn't mean that we can't win and dominate the America east like Gonzaga does with the WCC every year. I meant we will not become a national powerhouse like them while in the America east.

This topic needs to be shelved until we have a new basketball facility and budget to even explore our options. The AE is not bad and if conventional wisdom is to be believed we may start to see some growth next year in the MBB category.

Didn't mean that we can't win and dominate the America east like Gonzaga does with the WCC every year. I meant we will not become a national powerhouse like them while in the America east.

This topic needs to be shelved until we have a new basketball facility and budget to even explore our options. The AE is not bad and if conventional wisdom is to be believed we may start to see some growth next year in the MBB category.

I have to disagree. The America East as a whole has not been good since the vermont run in the early to mid 2000s. Those years the conference was getting at large bids to the NIT. When bingo, umbc, and maine crack more than 10 wins then we'll get somewhere.

Not that anyone cares either, but I did not like how the America east had bent over and backwards for a certain team in red either. From them being able to host a championship 2 years ago in a box and to the whining which lead to a tournament format change. For those that didn't know the America east bylaws required the championship game be held in a facility that held a minimum of 3,000. The America east bent the rules and let them file an 'exemption' to host, but in 2010 they were forced to fix up their arena to be able to host since Prithard was too small. They apparantly like to reinforce bylaws at their own discretion as they blocked BU from participating in the conference tournament in 2013. Sorry to go off on a tangent.