UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Question - I haven't been in SEFCU since I graduated. When I come back to campus, it's normally during the summer. What would be the anticipated cost behind a renovation to modernize it, add seats, scoreboards etc., versus demolition and construction of new facility?

And would the renovation be plausible or is there not enough to work with?

The way I see it, and believe me, I'm no architect. The building seems bit constrained to me. I'm not sure where they put a proper concession area, atrium (especially parking lot side) or locker rooms etc. that are of any significant upgrade without moving walls anyway. I'm not sure the building footprint is large enough.

D96?

I don't see getting everything we want/or should have in the current building.

And I would NOT demolish it, as it is modern enough to serve a valuable purpose for our athletics department. The more athletics facilities the better.

The cost to do a major reconstruction/renovation to that building vs a brand new facility............ I'd have to think the difference wouldn't be that grande

That's what happens when we lose to Syracuse and Cornell they way we did.

Oh, and playing in the AE and the bottom of the barrel $iena

If the Cornell game would have been played in either Ithica or Albany the score would have been different I believe. Game was in Dallas, but it's still no excuse. Also Yale lost to Cornell.

What's sad/funny is that you would think having the best player in Lacrosse currently (and possibly of all-time) would help tip you over in situations like the discrepancies in rank between us and Yale/UVA, but nope. Lack of respect and preconceived notions/stigmas are the biggest challenges to schools of our size trying to rise athletically speaking.

Hey now, this is only one guys opinion. For all we know we end up with a home game and in the top five. Bear in mind the main conference tourneys havent happened yet and if UA wins out and other teams like Duke lose, we could jump over them in the rankings very easily.

The ship can't sink until it gets in the water, people.

What's sad/funny is that you would think having the best player in Lacrosse currently (and possibly of all-time) would help tip you over in situations like the discrepancies in rank between us and Yale/UVA, but nope. Lack of respect and preconceived notions/stigmas are the biggest challenges to schools of our size trying to rise athletically speaking.

Not only the best player, but a team that was one goal away from the final four last year.

I'm pretty sure location of the schools is considered when selecting the match-ups which is probably one of the factors in determining his bracket.

After the top 8 seeds your "rank" doesn't really matter anymore.

Virginia at #7 is realistic. They lost to #1, #2, #3 and #6.

Yale over UA at #8 is close. We beat them by one at home, but they also have wins against Maryland and Brown. Our only other win of note is Stony Brook.

Edited by slickwilly

This latest bracketology does not favor us at all. After the 2 "play-in games", there are 16 teams so if they have us against #3 Syracuse, we are the 14 seed which is nowhere near our #7 ranking. The NCAA uses RPI much more than the polls and that is where we suffer due to weak teams in the AE, Canisius, Siena, etc.. Last year we played #3 seed Loyola(they were #1 in the polls) so we were a 14 last year. Unless we get to #8 seed where we would host the 8/9 matchup, we are on the road. If we win out, we are 15-2 with only quality win against Yale and I guess you can throw in the 2 wins against SBU as something but not enough to move to #8.

Adding UMass lowell to the reg season schedule absolutely destroys us. Typically we would be able to sched another top 20 type team, but that went out the window. Who knew the schedule would be so soft during the preseason when there were six or so teams ranked in the top 20.