UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Yale lost to Harvard.

Think we will leapfrog Yale now?
Based on what I've read Id guess Cornell takes the 8th seed and gets the home game if they win the IVY tournament. I think UVA has locked in a home game with the win over Penn. Edited by UA'08

Yale lost to Harvard.

Think we will leapfrog Yale now?

Over Yale, maybe. Laxpower computer ranking has Albany 7th, laxpower poll comes out tomorrow (7th last week), but RPI ranks 9th, and we're 11th in their "Tournament Selection Index". Johns Hopkins beat #3 Maryland Sat. and jumped past us in the TSI. Strength of schedule is everything, it's a separate factor even though it's already part of the computer rank and most of the RPI. JHU has played eight games against top-20 teams but only won two of them. We're 2-2.

http://www.laxpower.com/update15/binmen/tsi01.php

Our strength of schedule is just so bad I can see that as reason why we don't get that home game. Look at Loyola last year. They were the #1 ranked team in the polls, but played a weak schedule and were eventually demolished by us in the first round as a three seed.

If we win out this week, there's absolutely no way they can justify NOT giving us a home game

and moving us up(keeping us at least at #7).

Of course they can, they can do anything they want. Even send us to Denver again, at least for the quarters.

If we win out this week, there's absolutely no way they can justify NOT giving us a home game

and moving us up(keeping us at least at #7).

Of course they can, they can do anything they want. Even send us to Denver again, at least for the quarters.

They can do it, but their justification will be weak IMHO. They can shove the indexes right up the kazoo.

Cornell's 10-4, and just lost to Brown... 6-15 I believe.

Brown has lost to Yale, Penn, and Bucknell.

I say the $iena with Cornell. :) UA is going on strong.

Let's hope they play it right, and be fair.... and give Albany what it deserves with the best player in college lacrosse.

It would be wise to showcase the best lacrosse player that has (arguably) ever played the game.

If they really cared they would have put UA on ESPNU once this season. Too bad we don't play lacrosse in the ACC or BiG 10

Ridiculous decision. Total foolishness for not doing so.

Unfortunately, our SOS really does stink. But, I think over the past two years, we may have overcome

the institutional bias we've been subjected to in the past... and I say may have..

So, it could go our way.....