UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another big difference (at least compared to Cornell) is that once they found their groove, the ND shooters were deadly. I did some looking at the UA verbal commits and

one that caught my eye is Colyn Lyons, from Lafayette near Syracuse. Native American, plays for IMG academy in FLA. He's described as either 6-2 or 6-3, 225 lbs and a "bully with a stick".

Defenseman. #6 in FLA.

I agree that LT held the ball a bit too long and in crunch time tried to do too much, which played into their hands. I know not everyone caught the beginning of the game because of the

station switch, but did others notice that ND came out in a 10 man ride? I was wondering if it was a psych out attempt like "Hey guys, remember this from last year?".

I think the other thing that struck me from the game is how few penalties there were, but I guess it's like other sports with man up/man down situations. In crunch time in the

playoffs everyone is a little more careful because a foolish or over aggressive penalty can end your season.

Edited by jimbo

Other thoughts. The announcers during the delay because they had to fill time kept speculating who the delay would effect. Well, I will tell you who it actually did effect and that was Blaze. I think he had 7 or 8 saves (many from point blank range) and he kept us in the game when we were playing awful both on O & D. But after the delay, nd scored on something like 6 out of 7 shots on goal {not that this was Blaze's fault alone} but he just never seemed as hot after the delay? And again in the fourth nd scored 4 or 5 in a row without a Blaze stop {again not necessarily his fault, but early on he was stopping shots which were every bit as difficult as these}.

The future?????? Part of me feels like we got a lot coming back and will be back in the semi's. However, Lyle and yes Miles are once in a life time. We will miss their leadership and mystique as much as their skill. I hope the legacy they built will make more top recruits want to attend and compete at UA; but will the returning kids and new recruits be enough to compensate for their loss on the field [i know they are NOT replaceable].

Opinions welcomed, especially ones to cheer me up.

Edited by dslyank

Watched the game a second time to see the ND defense again. they caused this loss by being better than any other we saw this year. Yes we had turnovers and our offense did not seem to flow as usual and all due to a relentless defense that harassed Lyle and kept our middies out of the game along with Oakes. The good news is Fields was amazing and will be a facilitator next year according to Marr who says he has that skill and the teachings of Lyle.

"You see him shooting the ball a lot this year because he’s playing with Lyle but he’ll become one of
our main ball carriers next year. He’s a very versatile player he can carry the ball well,
he can put it in the goal, he’s a very good passer. I think with him and Justin Ray and
Seth Oakes and a couple other guys we have, I think we have room to grow. " Scott Marr
More star recruits on defense hopefully coming in and improve the face-off X (new guys or Russell back from ACL?) and we will be fine. SBU will be good but we should make the tourney again. Not sure if Marr can schedule top teams. Many do not want to play us such as ACC teams who have to beat each other up in their conference play and really can't afford additional loss. More Ivy's maybe? How about a BIG 10 team? That conference is improving quickly.

Not sure if Marr can schedule top teams. Many do not want to play us such as ACC teams who have to beat each other up in their conference play and really can't afford additional loss. More Ivy's maybe? How about a BIG 10 team? That conference is improving quickly.

The problem is that none of them will play us here. You can't build a program playing all of your biggest games on the road. Other than possibly an occasional Ivy (and the NCAA game vs. Loyola) have we ever had a top-ten play us at our home?

I recall beating princeton @ home a number of years back. I also recall the wind was blowing about 50 miles an hour that day; but do not remember if they were top 10 @ that time. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing. Anyone else remember this and if princeton was a top 10 @ the time??

To follow up steve661: Justin Rey was an assist machine in high school and looked really good when filling in for Lyle. I also just heard that he broke his foot and that is why, we have not seen him in awhile. In another interview (I believe from Marr by not quite sure) he said Justin was every bit as good a "passer" as Lyle, while obviously not as physically strong and no one has Lyle's senses. [anyhow something of that sort].

Also, Dutkanych (kid from Utah via Maryland) in fall ball was suppose to be in the starting attack mix, until Oakes arrived. Anyone know if he redshirted, if he is still in the program and if he is still highly thought of??

There are no 2015 stats for Dutkanych so perhaps he redshirted (if still with the program). Justin Reh shows 41 goals and 64 assist as a senior so passing and assists are a strong point. He's listed at 6-0 153, which is a bit slim,

but Connor FIelds isn't all that big either.

I recall beating princeton @ home a number of years back. I also recall the wind was blowing about 50 miles an hour that day; but do not remember if they were top 10 @ that time. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing. Anyone else remember this and if princeton was a top 10 @ the time??

Corey Small's Scores Four Goals in Lacrosse's 10-2 Upset Win Against No. 11 Princeton

The 2008 game was played in wind chills near zero in Albany, and Princeton's offense was even colder. The Tigers managed just a pair of Kovler goals, the second one coming in the final eight seconds, as Albany romped 10-2.

USILA Names Lyle Thompson, Connor Fields to 2015 All-America Team

Lyle: 1st Team

Connor: Honorable Mention

More Awards:

LT. Raymond J. Enners Award: Outstanding Player

Lyle Thompson, University at Albany

Lt. j.g. Donald MacLaughlin Jr. Award Outstanding Midfielder

Myles Jones, Duke University

LT. COL. J.I.(Jack) Turnbull Award Outstanding Attackman

Kevin Rice, Syracuse University

Ensign C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Award Outstanding Goalie

Kyle Bernlohr, University of Maryland