UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lyle Injury Update (from WTEN NOT the TUseless)

On the lacrosse field, UAlbany’s star is nursing a nagging upper body injury.

Preseason Player of the Year Lyle Thompson tweaked an old arm injury in the Danes’ win this weekend. He left the game in the first quarter and did not return.

Head coach Scott Marr said that Thompson is day-to-day. He didn’t practice on Wednesday, though he said he’d be ready for Cornell on Saturday.

“I mean, there’s no pain,” he said. “I’m just kind of doing treatment on it so it’s not bothering me for every game and so that pain doesn’t come longer.”

UAlbany proved it could score without Thompson this weekend, but it would help having the best player in the country on the field for Saturday’s battle between a pair of top ten ranked teams.

I can NOT believe they'd have an event like this in Dallas, and NOT at least have a live webcast.

There will be ONLY audio available. Ridiculous.

This looks like a marketing event. I live in Atlanta and every year there are NCAA games in a similar format - a HS game, a couple of club games and then a headline NCAA game. Duke, UNC, Denver and Syracuse have all played here recently - there's no television but there is a lot of local support from the lacrosse community. These aren't big budgets, just a community trying to build excitement for their sport..

This event appears to be a similar event.

http://patriotcup.com/?page_id=9

Edited by reeder

Starts at 1

The event webpage (updated today) says it starts at noon?!?

http://patriotcup.com/?page_id=9

Due to the weather the Patriot Cup will be experiencing a schedule shift, please see the new schedule below:

Cornell v. Albany -12 PM

HP2 v. McKinney- 2:15 PM

SMU v. A&M – 5PM

All other games will be canceled due to travel issues.

However, we will have 3 food trucks serving hot food all day!

Edited by jalidanefan