UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Places to hang out after the game Saturday

DanesRGood

My buddies and I have been staying downtown and going to Pearl Street, usually to what used to be the Bayou (now the Hollow) to see some live music and because it was a fun scene. The last time we were in that area it totally changed and there was definitely a "different" crowd then in recent years and we don't want to go there this trip. So the question is: Where do all the cool kids hang out these days in Albany? :) Lark Street? Western? Do people still go to WTs? Not talking college bars although we would go and have a few at those if they come recommended but more of a regular bar area where we can hang out and not feel like we might get mugged late night.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

If you're looking for a place for 25-35 yr olds go to, Wolff's Beirgarden (Albany location and a new location in Schenectady). Across the street from the one in Albany is another bar, one with liquor is called Stout. There is City Beer Hall, near the TU..not sure the ages of people that go there on Saturday nights. City Beer Hall has a Speak Easy underground ..the door with the red light...flappers, nice drinks etc. (I haven't been but a friend of ours has gone frequently).

Edited by MsGDG

Oh boy. My friend wants to know where the college kids go. This should be interesting. 4 old dudes hanging with the college kids. Anyone know?

"Your friend"....suuuuure! :D

Is Peabody's still around?

HAHA!!! No really. I emailed the crew a couple of the posts in here and one came back with these exact words, "Screw that, let's party with the college kids!" I told him I don't want to be the old guys hanging with the college kids but he doesn't care. I do know that Peabody's is not around anymore. Sad because I met my wife there at Friday happy hour many many years ago.