UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Q - 11/22/14

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point the foul difference deep in the second half was 9 to 4...9 on UA. That was with UA taking everything to the hole...

Unfortunately, I couldn't be at the game because of a family commitment, but I did watch it on my phone.

Is it me, or does the offense seem more ragged and less controlled this year? I almost felt like I was watching street ball at one point. I know we have a lot of talent on the floor that can cut and slash, but I felt like there were lots of forced shots and silly mistakes. Maybe this will calm down as the season progresses. Everyone likes watching scoring, but I have grown to love the grind.

@Pup, I think with Coach playing 10 guys so far that things will be a little helter skelter until the minutes start to shake out..I wish they would try to get out on the break more with the speed in the lineup..so far I think Dallas has been the most out of sorts outside the Rowleys...he has difficulty getting his own shot...which also has been part of the offense looking more ragged as you mentioned.

I think Sam is trying too hard to penetrate inside against the bigs and not kicking out when he should. This is a far better shooting team on the floor then they've had in a while. He's also driving 1 on 3 sometimes which means less opportunity for an Offensive board. In general, not great decision making on his part and trying to do way too much on his own.

I've thought Hooley has forced it a bit sometimes in the first three games also. Defenses are keying on Rowley and Hooley because they're our established scorers and they'll have to adjust to it.

On the other hand, I'd like Mike Rowley to be a little more aggressive. I'd like to see the MR version we saw in the P+G game.

Overall, we have 8 guys getting double digit minutes and 4 of them are new to our team, including the PG. It's going to take some time to sort the roles out and we're probably going to look a little ragged sometimes in the process.