UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Holy Cross 12/3

This game reminded me of the Colgate game last year when they came in and shot about 70% from three. The difference is Holy Cross is a lot better than Colgate was.

I agree about Baker. He had a really bad shooting night but at least gave us an emotional lift in the second half and played with some fire.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game reminded me of the Colgate game last year when they came in and shot about 70% from three. The difference is Holy Cross is a lot better than Colgate was.

I agree about Baker. He had a really bad shooting night but at least gave us an emotional lift in the second half and played with some fire.

Also reminds me of the Bucknell game last year where they lit it up from 3-point land as well. A Boston University game (or two) also comes to mind when I think about our awful perimeter defense.

Help defense is often necessary but not at the expense of leaving shooters open. Let a big man help out on the drive so everyone can start to rotate down on the backside to minimize the kick-out threat.

This game was just a division 1 a#* kicking. They were in better shape and wanted it more. But there is no way I will concede that HC is that much better than us if at all.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Also reminds me of the Bucknell game last year where they lit it up from 3-point land as well. A Boston University game (or two) also comes to mind when I think about our awful perimeter defense.

Help defense is often necessary but not at the expense of leaving shooters open. Let a big man help out on the drive so everyone can start to rotate down on the backside to minimize the kick-out threat.

This game was just a division 1 a#* kicking. They were in better shape and wanted it more. But there is no way I will concede that HC is that much better than us if at all.

Regarding your last sentence, I agree. I expect to lose by 30 to teams like Syracuse, Kansas, North Carolina, Florida, etc. Not freakin Holy Cross (regardless of the fact that they beat a "No. 25" Harvard team).

We were thoroughly outplayed last night.

Being blown out of your own gym like that is unacceptable. Turn the page and move onto the next game.

Good teaching moment, they got punked last night.

Agreed. We were outplayed and out-hustled. It's unsettling because talent alone does not win America East Championships. There is too much parity in college basketball, in our league, and at the mid-major level. Hustling, defending, and protecting the rock is how you win at UA and up in Burlington in March.

Of course there's talent... we entered the game last night thinking we could compete with half the effort needed.

If I were coach brown, they'd be doing line sprints all next practice.

Effort is only part of the problem...honest question...for how long has handling the press been an issue? It got a little better in the last year or two but even with guys like Black running point it's been a problem. Coaching staff need to do a better job teaching what to do...like, DON'T PICK UP THE DRIBBLE AGAINST THE PRESS, OR DON'T LEAVE YOUR FEET TO THROW A PASS.

I'm just a fan who's watched many years of NBA and college, these things should be fundamental. Also, a quick inbound and push up the court would have helped as well. There cold have been some picks set in the backcourt to shake the on ball defender, in fact they started doing more of this in the second half and it helped.

I'm over the HC beating but lets face it, HC gave the rest of the schedule a blueprint on how to beat UA. Not many teams are going to out-tough this UA team. Granted, that was probably the best press and trap I've seen in a number of years, no one else on the schedule is going to be able to pull that press off. Not only were they effective on the ball and trap as our kids got to the halfcourt but they also did an exceptional job cutting off the passing lanes or jumping passes.

It was tough to watch...

Edited by Clickclack