UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two times a year.. eh. Rather do one or none, playing different teams is a fun part of scheduling the games. It would limit us to not having another possible money game if we jam our schedule w/ two Siena games.

Edited by MsGDG

I'm not in favor of two games either. We have a hard enough time agreeing on one date a year without listening to some bellyaching.

The Union-RPI games are not a good comparison. They play multiple times in part because they're conference games.

As much as I'd like this game as Sefcu I'm not sure it will happen. Honestly, UAlbany hosting some games at the TUC seems like the next logical progression in our evolution. I don't know if that's 2 years away or 10 years away but we might as well start by hosting some games in this series at the TUC.

I'm not in favor of two games either. We have a hard enough time agreeing on one date a year without listening to some bellyaching.

The Union-RPI games are not a good comparison. They play multiple times in part because they're conference games.

As much as I'd like this game as Sefcu I'm not sure it will happen. Honestly, UAlbany hosting some games at the TUC seems like the next logical progression in our evolution. I don't know if that's 2 years away or 10 years away but we might as well start by hosting some games in this series at the TUC.

UA is allowed to host games there am I right? I read somewhere like two years ago that the new contract between Siena and the TU allowed them to open up dates for UA to use facilities

This comment on the TU article is dead on:

"The model they should follow is the one Providence and URI used for years: keep the big arena and rotate the "home" team each year. But given how Siena keeps losing this one, perhaps a change of scenery to SEFCU might help them."

Why not do that? That makes the most sense. The City of Albany wants the game at the TUC. It's the biggest venue/best money generator in the area. We'd be dumb to move it to tiny SEFCU.

1) Alternate the home team and thus change the colors of the court, etc. (or make it a neutral court like just the standard blue NCAA one they using during March Madness).

2) Split everything 50/50

Done.

EDIT: By the way, for a bunch of adults, their site is FILLED with some really silly people...

Edited by Ilko

d.) Have a neutral public address announcer.

So I take it you didn't enjoy listening to the announcer take 90 second to say "basket by RRRRRRRobbbiiieeee Poooleeeee!"

The announcer....sigh. Let's just say Scott and I have a "history". We worked together for the Albany Firebirds. He's a flat-out jackwagon.

"The model they should follow is the one Providence and URI used for years: keep the big arena and rotate the "home" team each year. But given how Siena keeps losing this one, perhaps a change of scenery to SEFCU might help them."

Why not do that? That makes the most sense. The City of Albany wants the game at the TUC. It's the biggest venue/best money generator in the area. We'd be dumb to move it to tiny SEFCU.

1) Alternate the home team and thus change the colors of the court, etc. (or make it a neutral court like just the standard blue NCAA one they using during March Madness).

Done.

EDIT: By the way, for a bunch of adults, their site is FILLED with some really silly people...

I keep hearing comments about the court. The court can't be easily changed. However, the court can be covered-up with decals. Brand this thing, and get big "ol "Albany Cup" decals with a big-time sponsor.

The UA court can't be brought in either; it's not a floating floor, it's built into the arena.

I am sure Benson is having the following conversation with Coach: "Coach, I'm gonna go in and be strong. However, I have to know what's more important to you: Playing at SEFCU, making this a neutral court game where in all years the ticket revenue (not the tickets themselves) is split equally), or "home court" game that rotates each year, and only in that year does that school keep the revenue".

Each of those items are distinct, and come with a different tact for negotiation. You have to remember, the Coach's job is also to produce revenue for the program. So, as much as I think Coach does truly want to make this a home game at SEFCU, I also thinks he gets the economics. If this thing is a neutral game with 50-50 revenue split, he'd go for it, in my opinion.

And frankly, that's what should happen.

I have the honor of being banned from the Siena forum! The Union / RPI comparison is

apt. Union being National Champions still go to RPI and play without insisting their STH get preferred seating.

why were you banned?

Also, clack, I have no idea why you post on that board when they just treat you like crap. Bunch of idiots there.

I have the honor of being banned from the Siena forum! The Union / RPI comparison is

apt. Union being National Champions still go to RPI and play without insisting their STH get preferred seating.

why were you banned?

Also, clack, I have no idea why you post on that board when they just treat you like crap. Bunch of idiots there.

I rarely do any more but you expect me to say nothing after this one? Lol...

To be truthful over the years I've gotten to know some of those guys. They aren't all terrible humans. Lol

Done.

I keep hearing comments about the court. The court can't be easily changed. However, the court can be covered-up with decals. Brand this thing, and get big "ol "Albany Cup" decals with a big-time sponsor.

The UA court can't be brought in either; it's not a floating floor, it's built into the arena.

I am sure Benson is having the following conversation with Coach: "Coach, I'm gonna go in and be strong. However, I have to know what's more important to you: Playing at SEFCU, making this a neutral court game where in all years the ticket revenue (not the tickets themselves) is split equally), or "home court" game that rotates each year, and only in that year does that school keep the revenue".

Each of those items are distinct, and come with a different tact for negotiation. You have to remember, the Coach's job is also to produce revenue for the program. So, as much as I think Coach does truly want to make this a home game at SEFCU, I also thinks he gets the economics. If this thing is a neutral game with 50-50 revenue split, he'd go for it, in my opinion.

And frankly, that's what should happen.

I agree with you. 100%.

I can't believe some members on that site...they are some utterly rude and classless people online. Droppin f bombs, etc. I'm glad our forum (which isn't perfect) doesn't have any of that going on.

The only point that I will agree with that was stated by a Siena fan is that we didn't sell out our part of the tickets...that's not good and gives Siena some ammunition. Our fans, aside from the ones on this forum, are pretty freakin terrible. Majority aren't very loud during the games. You only hear the same 8-9 people yelling at the action on the court (not necessarily at the refs but even to the players...'good shot Peter!', etc.). Our students are pretty lackluster as well. We have a pretty large enrollment, how are the student sections (when school is in session), not completely maxed out? You know how loud that place would get with a bunch of 18-22 year olds with great vocal chords making noise? Along with the stomping of the feet on the stands? Forget it. Place would be unbearable for opposing teams.

That is my only issue with the state of UA...we don't have good fans/a good fan base. I can see why Siena looks down on us, as far as that is concerned and doesn't want to give us more tickets or a 50/50 revenue split. Frankly, our fans don't deserve it.

Again...as we've all stated before, this may be something that Benson will begin to fix and we'll begin to sell out SEFCU...but right now I totally see their point of view on THAT issue.

To be truthful over the years I've gotten to know some of those guys. They aren't all terrible humans. Lol

The Tony guy is the one that brought up the point I talk about above...but that guy is crazy (based on the many pages of post I've read just about the last this game) and has the audacity to say Will is one? The same Will Brown who signed that JP kid out of charity to bring attention to his story? #noclass

Edited by Ilko

Really Ilko we didn't sell our allotment of crappy seats to a road game where LCC gets the bulk of the money . Give mr benson time to fix that and grow the fan base. In the meantime the only recourse I (and others ) have besides telling Albany how we feel (I for 1 have done that enough) is not buy a ticket for this game .

BTW, next up is Yale; a game I am willing to travel to as long as it does not snow on Saturday .