UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

The fact that UA didn't sell all of its 750 tickets is a little misleading. Many alums probably didn't know who to contact at UA for tickets and many alums bought tickets from the TU. You can't convince me there were only 750 UA fans at the game. I enjoyed watching the Siena fans leaving with 3-4 minutes to go(as usual) and nodding to my Great Danes Sweatshirt as they walked up the aisle. That wouldn't happen at Sefcu because they wouldn't get in the door. On a couple of other topics: Don't knock student attendance--it has been very good this year and hopefully will continue to build this year and in future years.

Siena is a small private college with many, many students and alums from the capitol district. UA from its origin was a State wide institution. Until 1962 you had to attend what is currently UA to teach at the secondary level resulting in students from all over the State, since 1962 and as a University Center students came from New York, the US and Internationally. I hope that explains to some degree the support Siena has(3090 seasons tickets) to Albany(??? seasons tickets). Apples-Oranges Private--Public

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that UA didn't sell all of its 750 tickets is a little misleading. Many alums probably didn't know who to contact at UA for tickets and many alums bought tickets from the TU. You can't convince me there were only 750 UA fans at the game. I enjoyed watching the Siena fans leaving with 3-4 minutes to go(as usual) and nodding to my Great Danes Sweatshirt as they walked up the aisle. That wouldn't happen at Sefcu because they wouldn't get in the door. On a couple of other topics: Don't knock student attendance--it has been very good this year and hopefully will continue to build this year and in future years.

Siena is a small private college with many, many students and alums from the capitol district. UA from its origin was a State wide institution. Until 1962 you had to attend what is currently UA to teach at the secondary level resulting in students from all over the State, since 1962 and as a University Center students came from New York, the US and Internationally. I hope that explains to some degree the support Siena has(3090 seasons tickets) to Albany(??? seasons tickets). Apples-Oranges Private--Public

Oldtimer, You make many good points about the difference in support between the two schools. Until I was reading this forum, I didn't realize that UA even sold tickets to the events. I've already read UA posters on this forum say that they had bought tickets from Siena for a variety of reasons (possibly better seats, take away from their allotment, etc.). The whole ticket issue is irrelevant in my mind as to which school gets whatever number of tickets. Siena doesn't set any conditions for other schools it plays at the TUC, so why should we be different? You're right, on many levels all these comparisons are idiotic.

UA should organize a viewing party with $5 entry fee to cover cost of setup for those who are conscientious objectors to this unfair contract should it continue in its present form.

Pull out bleachers on one side and set up two giant screens, pipe audio in. It would be a party. I know our kids need our support out there but when attendance dips under 9k...lcc will come crawling back especially if contractually they have to keep paying us to play.

Edited by Clickclack

One more thing, and I know I'm in the minority on this but I would strongly urge UA to play one league game and one no league game at the TUC. At lead to try it, maybe it will bomb or maybe we get some curious souls in the door who never been on UAs campus.

Bring in a few 'reach' recruits there and see if we can leverage it as a recruiting advantage. Regardless of what Siena fans say, the TUC has approach UA to take some of our games down there.

Edited by Clickclack

One more thing, and I know I'm in the minority on this but I would strongly urge UA to play one league game and one no league game at the TUC. At lead to try it, maybe it will bomb or maybe we get some curious souls in the door who never been on UAs campus.

Bring in a few 'reach' recruits there and see if we can leverage it as a recruiting advantage. Regardless of what Siena fans say, the TUC has approach UA to take some of our games down there.

I second that. Maybe a home game against vermont to start off.

1) I like the viewing party idea. If we had a nice scoreboard, we could play it on that and watch it at SEFCU arena. Would totally do that.

2) Also like the idea of an actual UAlbany (non-Siena) game or two at TUC. Count me in.

I'm glad to see the passion on this board this year for a more equitable contract with Siena. I don't think I've observed this much dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs since the rivalry was renewed. To me, it marks a great step in maturity on our part. We're disgusted with the current conditions, and we're not going to take it any more. With the new AD, I think we're finally going to see a positive change here.

Could not agree more. As someone who circles the date of this game every year and either flies in or watches (paying Siena for the feed) - I've finally had it. Make it equitable or forget about them.

Well, I tell ya....Buffalo has been a sad excuse for a 'frontrunner' in NYS public university athletics.

Albany should have always been considered the flagship university and our athletics should have been invested in and given priority.... we

should have been similar to the likes of LSU, UCLA, FSU, UNC, etc.... NYS, without representation????????? Buffalo ain't representation.

Finally, our university and athletics have been getting attention and investment for a decade or so, and look how far we've already come. If done right, we should be able to surpass Buffalo by leaps and bounds, at least in athletics. Add Albany Law, Albany Pharmacy, build the Engineering Dept, keep upgrading the Business School... maybe a medical school through Albany Med.

Do all of that, and there's absolutely no reason our athletic profile should skyrocket to national levels.

The possibilities are endless for growth.

Buffalo? What the hell is a Buffalo? It's time to start whoopin their ass.

I say dump $iena and add the UA08's Buffalo idea.