UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason or need for us to be looking at the TU center as a venue for any home games right now. At 5,000 or 8,000 or 11,000 people it still isn't a good venue for a basketball game. Maybe if it was actually sold out and rocking it might get a good atmosphere, but I honestly doubt it even then.

Can and should there be improvements or expansions eyed long term for SEFCU? Absolutely. But focus on that and turning it into a real home court advantage and atmosphere before you start thinking about the crap basketball venue that is the TU center.

Edited by Zalman B

I think its just about gaining as much exposure as possible in the area. And if it means stealing some fans along the way so be it. Playing a game or two down there won't hurt at all. I'm sure whoever was going to go to the game at SEFCU would go to the game at the TU plus more. It may also help with recruiting.

Edited by UA'08

Quite a number of years ago UA had a 5-year contract with Syracuse. We were allowed to host the contest one year, and that game was held at the TUC. If I recall correctly, the crowd of 10,000 was very partisan for Syracuse. Maybe for that reason UA is reticent about holding another game down there. On the other hand, our situation has vastly improved since those times.

I remember the crowd at around 7,500, and Pepsi Arena management putting our band in the upper level. Looking it up it was on 12/2/2001, five days after the first Division I $iena game, and we only lost by 26.

Well with as terrible a team that Siena is become, I almost feel that the UA inferiority complex is starting to hit me. Kind of like when I was a fan of the Yankees as kid in the 80's and early 90's in High School. I started to honestly believe that my team was going to find a way to blow it every day. It's how a Mets fan must feel today.

I think it is time to stop worrying about $iena. They have become the second class team in the area and not worth the time any of us spend fretting about contract status or how they do. Maybe they will regain some power with some good recruiting, but their ceiling was already hit. We are just starting to walk - the sprint is coming.

Let the series die. They will be begging for it to return in a few years.

Renovate sefcu somehow to make it more appealing and perhaps raise the cap around 6k and I wouldn't have any desire to go to the TUC.

Fact of the matter is sefcu needs about 15-20mil in renovations. I know the facilities master plan document has sefcu as a phase 3 renovation at a price tag of 20mil. We are quickly being badly outdated by what Vermont, bingo, sbu and soon umbc will have. Sefcu is going to need help sooner rather then later.

Quite a number of years ago UA had a 5-year contract with Syracuse. We were allowed to host the contest one year, and that game was held at the TUC. If I recall correctly, the crowd of 10,000 was very partisan for Syracuse. Maybe for that reason UA is reticent about holding another game down there. On the other hand, our situation has vastly improved since those times.

I remember the crowd at around 7,500, and Pepsi Arena management putting our band in the upper level. Looking it up it was on 12/2/2001, five days after the first Division I $iena game, and we only lost by 26.

UAalum, Thanks for the actual report on the Syracuse game we hosted at the TUC. It would be great if we could add seats to SEFCU. I think we could pretty much fill it for the Big Purple Growl and maybe a couple other games. The one thing it has going for it over the TUC is the quality of the seats. Six thousand seats at SEFCU would just about equal the number of quality seats at the TUC.

Trying to see what SBU's attendance, but they haven't kept attendance numbers for the last two home games against Loyola and American lol

They had 4,000 for the opener and not over 2,600 since, averaging 2,639 for their first six games

http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/ston-m-baskbl-CumulativeStats.html

Trying to see what SBU's attendance, but they haven't kept attendance numbers for the last two home games against Loyola and American lol

They had 4,000 for the opener and not over 2,600 since, averaging 2,639 for their first six games

http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/ston-m-baskbl-CumulativeStats.html

Thanks. When I was checking the box score it didn't have anything for the past two games.

SEFCU Renovation wish list...

1. Scoreboard with players numbers and stats

2. Video board

3. Chair backs in all seats except for baselines. The baselines bleachers if full are a huge home court advantage. Those things are so steep and they are literally right on top of the court.

4. Upgrade bathrooms/concessions

5. Do something with the corners to make arena look more like a bowl. The corners have the weird gaps between bleachers which makes it look strange in person and on TV.

Edited by UA'08