UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Law School

Underpar

• 3 months later...

Just go this:

To the University at Albany Community:

Please join me as I welcome Albany Law School President Alicia Ouellette, Capital Region elected delegates, and community, business, civic and education leaders at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29 in the University Hall Atrium for an important announcement regarding UAlbany and Albany Law School.

We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Jones

President

I'm optimistic there will be more announced than just some dual programs. I'll take anything because anything is an improvement. That said a few dual programs without even the promise of more to come would be anticlimactic to me.

The ultimate goal for me is for UAlbany to be recognized by peers, media (US News and World Report) etc as having a law school. The technical details of an affiliation or merger are less important.

You either have a law school or you do not have a law school. Like sports come down to Ws and Ls.

Whatever is announced I think it's a given were moving towards a merger. You don't take this long to create a joint degree. It's the groundwork.

My first thought when I got the student email...this is to announce the merger or something close to it that between the lines will equal 'merger'.

So Law is in the works...now how about Engineering?

If you go to the main UAlbany site you'll see both colleges, Engineering and Homeland Security, are being announced... So engineering is live. Granted it's currently just a shell holding computer science but I'm guessing more will come.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

Affiliation and partnership strongest words used. Although Senator Farley did say he believed better things were coming. A current Albany Law student graduating next year did ask how this affiliation would be reflected on their diploma........nothing would change still Albany Law School, Union University. Union university partnership would continue.