UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Asses In The Seats?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With yesterday's attendance..the team is now averaging 3096 per game. The all-time attendance record for the team is 3031 during the 2006-07 season. We'd have to average 2706 over the next two games to break that record..ignoring any post-season games. With a nationally broadcast ESPNU "purple-out" game this Friday and a weekend game next week against UVM that will likely decide the regular season title and number one seed in the conference tournament..I'd certainly hope we could hit those numbers.

With yesterday's attendance..the team is now averaging 3096 per game. The all-time attendance record for the team is 3031 during the 2006-07 season. We'd have to average 2706 over the next two games to break that record..ignoring any post-season games. With a nationally broadcast ESPNU "purple-out" game this Friday and a weekend game next week against UVM that will likely decide the regular season title and number one seed in the conference tournament..I'd certainly hope we could hit those numbers.

That's why I always say...just win and people will come. Forget arena, advertisement etc. NOTHING has as big an impact as winning, the uptick may be gradual but it will be there.

That's why I always say...just win and people will come. Forget arena, advertisement etc. NOTHING has as big an impact as winning, the uptick may be gradual but it will be there.

Amen to that winning brings people out. But when you lose when fans come out it always hurts double. That's why yesterday stings. Hopefully fans turnout friday. Are students off this whole week? The student sections looked more empty than usual.

Hahah @ scoreboard will feel like home.

How much do scoreboards cost? Can SEFCU even fit a new video scoreboard? The ceilings are kind of low. I know Stony Brook's new place does not have anything hang from the ceiling. They're video/scoreboards are all at the corners of the arena.

How much do scoreboards cost? Can SEFCU even fit a new video scoreboard? The ceilings are kind of low. I know Stony Brook's new place does not have anything hang from the ceiling. They're video/scoreboards are all at the corners of the arena.

I was thinking about this last night myself. A video scoreboard would have to extend horizontally instead of vertically. Scores and numbers on the right and left of the video screen instead of below.

I blame my 8 year old son for last nights loss. Every game he has watched on TV, in person, or listened to on the radio has been a UA win. Unfortunately the family left me in the cold while they went to Florida (i don't have enough time off with a fairly new job) and he didn't get to watch or listen.

That said, even at 8 years old he had his mom continually texting me for updates and I had the final 15 seconds with my phone on speaker phone so he could hear the ending. He wanted to know what was happening (and his mom couldn't figure out ESPN 3 and I didn't think to have her install IHeartRadio to listen.

This is how you get asses in the seats. Get the kids to experience the winning. They will grow up to be lifelong fans. It will take a few years, but if he is this into it in 3rd grade, wait until he is older.

I was thinking about this last night myself. A video scoreboard would have to extend horizontally instead of vertically. Scores and numbers on the right and left of the video screen instead of below.

I blame my 8 year old son for last nights loss. Every game he has watched on TV, in person, or listened to on the radio has been a UA win. Unfortunately the family left me in the cold while they went to Florida (i don't have enough time off with a fairly new job) and he didn't get to watch or listen.

That said, even at 8 years old he had his mom continually texting me for updates and I had the final 15 seconds with my phone on speaker phone so he could hear the ending. He wanted to know what was happening (and his mom couldn't figure out ESPN 3 and I didn't think to have her install IHeartRadio to listen.

This is how you get asses in the seats. Get the kids to experience the winning. They will grow up to be lifelong fans. It will take a few years, but if he is this into it in 3rd grade, wait until he is older.

Agreed, I'm starting to bring my young ones...they are only marginally interested in sports at their age but last night he was screaming with the rest of us. It takes time...