UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A Little 'Laptop to TV' Help

uofalbany

I'm a Samsung guy... Been doing research on 4k TVs as once more content arrives. From what I can gather, curve is a bit of a gimmic.

Yeah, the 4k UHD thing is what really intrigues me the most-- if the content is available, the picture is phenomenal.

I live in condo in Boston...so I don't have a huge living room and likely won't go past my current 65" TV...so it sounds like the curve is useless based on other comments here.

Thanks guys!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a techie (both for a living and by choice for a hobby) and I will never buy anything BUT Samsungs. Had a 22" 720p one for like 5 years that was used 6-7 hours a day (computer, TV, XBox) and it never even got a dead pixel. Thing was a MACHINE.

I then upgraded to a 40" 1080p SmartTV and haven't had any issues with that one and I'm now at like 13 months of use...same thing, hours and hours per day. I do all of my school work, TV watching, and video gaming on one screen. These things are freakin troopers.

Agreed. I have Samsungs...love them. And with respect to the XBR, I used to have all Sony's. They broke...regularly. Other thing to note about Sony-- they use the Samsung panel (screen). SONY is much more expensive than Samsung...so you are paying for the name of Sony. Sony is about this close (fingers barely apart) from closing up shop in the electronics business.

alrighty then. Guess I'll throw my 3 Sony flats creens I've had for years in the garbage. ;) hehehe...

I'm a techie (both for a living and by choice for a hobby) and I will never buy anything BUT Samsungs. Had a 22" 720p one for like 5 years that was used 6-7 hours a day (computer, TV, XBox) and it never even got a dead pixel. Thing was a MACHINE.

I then upgraded to a 40" 1080p SmartTV and haven't had any issues with that one and I'm now at like 13 months of use...same thing, hours and hours per day. I do all of my school work, TV watching, and video gaming on one screen. These things are freakin troopers.

Agreed. I have Samsungs...love them. And with respect to the XBR, I used to have all Sony's. They broke...regularly. Other thing to note about Sony-- they use the Samsung panel (screen). SONY is much more expensive than Samsung...so you are paying for the name of Sony. Sony is about this close (fingers barely apart) from closing up shop in the electronics business.

alrighty then. Guess I'll throw my 3 Sony flats creens I've had for years in the garbage. ;) hehehe...

Forgot to add, Sony and Samsung both own the company that makes the screens. So you can easily say that Samsung uses Sony screens. ;) Both great TVs!

I would... Lol

I'm a Samsung guy... Been doing research on 4k TVs as once more content arrives. From what I can gather, curve is a bit of a gimmic.

Yeah, the 4k UHD thing is what really intrigues me the most-- if the content is available, the picture is phenomenal.

I live in condo in Boston...so I don't have a huge living room and likely won't go past my current 65" TV...so it sounds like the curve is useless based on other comments here.

Thanks guys!

Netflix has UHD programming for extra $5 a month I think.

Forgot to add, Sony and Samsung both own the company that makes the screens. So you can easily say that Samsung uses Sony screens. ;) Both great TVs!

Would never tell someone to toss their t.v.'s. I was stating my preference. As for your comment, it is not correct: Samsung bought out Sony's share of the LCD partnership four years ago, and the J.V. stake for SONY was never a majority stake with respect to patents and technology. It was a 50% stake in the manufacturing operation of the LCD screens. The patents are all owned by Samsung. Trust me on this one. :)

Edited by Dane96

Thanks guys!

Netflix has UHD programming for extra $5 a month I think.

Awesome. Just checked it out. Thank you!

Anyone know how to stream the ESPN3 window in Google Chromcast. I've tried so many ways...but the new window doesn't pop up with a chromcast icon.

Right click on the blue bar at the top and click view as tab or something like that and it will bring up the full version of chrome with the icon for chromcast.