UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Stony Brook 1/19

Warney strategy? Vt. used straight man coverage and let him have his but put a blanket on the rest of the team. UMBC doubled him up effectively but that left the 3open and allowed McGrew room inside. UMBC and Vt. lucky Puriefoy still having trouble.

A couple of groin shots early might work :ph34r:

We know how that works - 1/26/13 vs. Vermont

zLrwRi.gif

Brutal..... any dude can understand the agony.

I was playing in a soccer game once...we were in the defensive end of the field.

I was calling off my teammate as I was heading up the field and he was coming down.

The dude was 6'6 or so, built like a giraffe, as coordinated as a new born fawn that just popped out of mama.

I was sure he would clear out and give me the clear path up with the ball. We both reached the ball at the same time,

as he began winding up his leg like a helicopter blade, and boom.... his mammoth leg cannoned right into my juevos.

I was down on the field for at least 15 minutes paralyzed. Hurt for 2 and half years... well almost.

Maybe we'll avoid the groin shots vs sbu.

I feel ya man (no pun lol). That sounds painful.

I pitch in a co-ed softball league. Got a ~90mph line drive up the middle from a dude who clearly played baseball in school (pretty sure he was aiming at me since I was throwing him inside and he didn't like the calls from the ump). A softball. Don't let the name fool ya lol. I finished the rest of the season in the outfield lol.

Same team hit me in the shin with a shot back up the middle the 2nd game of the season. That one hurt me enough to make me cringe and hop over to the grass to lay down and breathe heavy. The softball hit to the junk though...that brought me to my knees instantly. Everything just went black. I was nauseous for 3 days and sore for like 2 months (I ride a motorcycle, let's say it wasn't very comfortable for a good while).

Softball is violent lol. I stopped a line drive up the middle with my bare hand, got hit in the outer thigh (similar situation to the junk hit but I had time to twist my body and protect myself), got hit in the back of the head running from 1st to 2nd (catcher throwing to 2nd - evidently guys aim wasn't so hot).

Edited by Ilko

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the radio, coach said we'll mix and match against Warney, some zone, some straight up, some doubling, and also try to deny him the ball, since he's also developed into a good passer.

Also talked about recruiting against the IFCU arena, not just the court but the locker rooms, training facilities, etc.

On the radio, coach said we'll mix and match against Warney, some zone, some straight up, some doubling, and also try to deny him the ball, since he's also developed into a good passer.

Also talked about recruiting against the IFCU arena, not just the court but the locker rooms, training facilities, etc.

Guess we gotta recruit the hard way with the four banners hanging in the SEFCU rafters!

Guess we gotta recruit the hard way with the four banners hanging in the SEFCU rafters!

This road will get harder with UVM halfway to raising funds for their arena and UMBC spending obscene money on their new facility.

UA will continue to fall behind in basketball facilities. Look at what Bing, SBU and soon UVM and UMBC will have. This IS going to be a problem down the road that UA will need to address.

Maybe all those teams getting nice new digs will give Benson the incentive to prioritize SEFCU. I believe in another thread we talked about the 'phase plan' from the previous AD and that Benson was likely going to have his own take on the plans. Until we can fill the football stadium every game, I'd hold off on expanding that and instead renovate SEFCU.

Edited by Ilko

"@tjwilkin: UA teammate Mike Rowley, a fellow Australian, traveled with Hooley to Los Angeles, waited with him for 5-hour layover, flew back to Albany"

@WatsonTWCNews: Brown Cont: "I will handle any questions pertaining to this situation. Please keep the Hooley Family in your thoughts and prayers."

"@tjwilkin: UA coach Will Brown, on Peter Hooley, "There is no timetable for his return. I don't know if he will return.""

Edited by MsGDG