UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

My thoughts are with Peter and his family. The greedy part of me wants to ignore Will Brown's comment saying that he doesn't know if he will be back. The family part of me (the part with a wife going through breast cancer treatment) hopes he does what's best for his mind and his family. Peter, if you ever happen to read this: all of Albany is with you. Good luck to you and your family.

On a different, less serious and more amusing note: I watched most of the game on ESPN3, but missed the last 5 minutes of the first half and various other times with family stuff. Any mention of the mascot fight from last season? Any rematches? Gotta balance the serious with humor.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad I found out about what Mike R. did before commenting...I didn't know he had travelled with Pete so I will give him a pass for last night....so proud of the Dane family for how they played for their good friend and teammate...such a complete game both on O & D last night...Evan now looks as comfortable as any point guard we have had the last 6 years....Dallas had his best game I feel as well and Sam is a rock....even without Pete, the Danes look like they are the better team for a change...and as others have said, the Seawolves have a nice new arena...for UA to own!!! :)

On the radio, coach said we'll mix and match against Warney, some zone, some straight up, some doubling, and also try to deny him the ball, since he's also developed into a good passer.

Also talked about recruiting against the IFCU arena, not just the court but the locker rooms, training facilities, etc.

Guess we gotta recruit the hard way with the four banners hanging in the SEFCU rafters!

This road will get harder with UVM halfway to raising funds for their arena and UMBC spending obscene money on their new facility.

UA will continue to fall behind in basketball facilities. Look at what Bing, SBU and soon UVM and UMBC will have. This IS going to be a problem down the road that UA will need to address.

Maybe all those teams getting nice new digs will give Benson the incentive to prioritize SEFCU. I believe in another thread we talked about the 'phase plan' from the previous AD and that Benson was likely going to have his own take on the plans. Until we can fill the football stadium every game, I'd hold off on expanding that and instead renovate SEFCU.

I agree 100%. MUST renovate SEFCU or at least start process (do in phases like bofo if necessary); but SEFCU must be highest priority. I have been very vocal that baseball, softball, and other's need major improvements; but must keep up with revenue sports first. The football stadium expansions can take a back seat (but not too long) for now; but SEFCU needs to move forward quickly.

Edited by dslyank

On the radio, coach said we'll mix and match against Warney, some zone, some straight up, some doubling, and also try to deny him the ball, since he's also developed into a good passer.

Also talked about recruiting against the IFCU arena, not just the court but the locker rooms, training facilities, etc.

Guess we gotta recruit the hard way with the four banners hanging in the SEFCU rafters!

This road will get harder with UVM halfway to raising funds for their arena and UMBC spending obscene money on their new facility.

UA will continue to fall behind in basketball facilities. Look at what Bing, SBU and soon UVM and UMBC will have. This IS going to be a problem down the road that UA will need to address.

THIS. Time to invest in our Bball facilities. It'd be nice to build a brand new arena, using sefcu as our 'field house'.

I say we 'invest' with bigger and better in mind.

THIS. Time to invest in our Bball facilities. It'd be nice to build a brand new arena, using sefcu as our 'field house'.

Logically we know what needs to happen, devil is in the details. As always...money, money, money. I know it's tough with the school having so many needs.

I just hope that Benson and Pres. at least have this need in the back of their mind.

SBU arena is slated to open in '17-'18 from what I can gather, seat 5k people in it's basketball configuration and cost a whopping $85mil. I'm not sure where the funding is coming from.

But a 5k seat arena for that much money is going to be spectacular if they actually get it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/catonsville/ph-ca-at-umbc-arena-20140514-story.html

Edited by Clickclack

Logically we know what needs to happen, devil is in the details. As always...money, money, money. I know it's tough with the school having so many needs.

I just hope that Benson and Pres. at least have this need in the back of their mind.

If they go ahead with a renovation, I hope they can do so without moving the team to the PE building during the process. Would be worse than when SBU hosted at Pritchard. Even if it takes a few years, do a new scoreboard one year, seating the next, other additions (like maybe some updated pictures, that are not from the early 2000's?) That is the one thing that always bugged me. How expensive is it to have some fresh pictures around the arena? Mike Black, Ebone Henry, Tim Ambrose, etc.

Way past time.

Stony Brook's arena opened in 1990 at a cost of $17 million (over $30.8M in 2014 dollars.) Now they've spent $20.1M in renovations for a smaller-capacity facility that's never drawn crowds as big as ours.

The RACC opened in 1992 for $11.75 million (about $19.8 M. now) The only upgrades I recall are a new, softer floor, 300+ additional chairbacks, setting up the concession stand and the ticket office/ sweatshirt store. Maybe some paint, and they were supposed to improve the lighting this year.

We should start saying we need a bigger place because we're running out of room to hang our banners.

Way past time.

Stony Brook's arena opened in 1990 at a cost of $17 million (over $30.8M in 2014 dollars.) Now they've spent $20.1M in renovations for a smaller-capacity facility that's never drawn crowds as big as ours.

The RACC opened in 1992 for $11.75 million (about $19.8 M. now) The only upgrades I recall are a new, softer floor, 300+ additional chairbacks, setting up the concession stand and the ticket office/ sweatshirt store. Maybe some paint, and they were supposed to improve the lighting this year.

We should start saying we need a bigger place because we're running out of room to hang our banners.

Any and all further upgrades to BoFo or other facilities needs to be secondary at this point to SEFCU help and I don't mean fresh paint or an extra 100 chairbacks.

SEFCU needs real renovation.

SBU arena is slated to open in '17-'18 from what I can gather, seat 5k people in it's basketball configuration and cost a whopping $85mil. I'm not sure where the funding is coming from.

But a 5k seat arena for that much money is going to be spectacular if they actually get it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/catonsville/ph-ca-at-umbc-arena-20140514-story.html

You mean UMBC. For a second I thought the Long Island Arena or whatever it's called was temporary home for a bigger one? I was like:

7565499.jpg

Thread won

Headshot...lol...*drops mic*

GOT EM!