UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ Vermont 1/28

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how they should play the NJIT game? Should they use the bench more and give the starters a breather? That game means absolutely nothing except for RPI impact which wont even matter unless they reach the tournament.

Good idea. I would get some of the younger players some time. gonna be hard to keep up the pace of 4 guys playing 35+mins per game. Tonight:

Ennema: 35

Rowley: 35

Sanders: 32

Singletary: 40

This past four game stretch I said I'd be happy with 2-2. They went 4-0 with wins at SBU, Hartford, and UVM...wow.

Even better, we have 8 conference road games this season and we've already played 5 of them in the first 8 games. Our next 8 conference games have 5 homes games with 3 on the road - @Maine, @ Bing and @UMBC.

And @Maine this Sat., so 5 of the last 7 are at home. At least get a chance to rest the legs and sleep at home - unless hotel beds are more comfortable than the dorms, if that's where the team lives.

Anyone know how they should play the NJIT game? Should they use the bench more and give the starters a breather? That game means absolutely nothing except for RPI impact which wont even matter unless they reach the tournament.

Pomeroy still has us losing that game.

Albany Fri Feb 13 NJIT L, 66-65 44%

And to add, as of this morning of the games remaining the only game they predict us to lose is NJIT, they predict us to win the other 8 games.

Edited by MsGDG

As I said the other day, would have been really annoyed had we lost this game..I am in the minority here, but, I saw NOTHING from Vt. that shows me how the heck they have the league record they do...other than O'Day...Nothing in my opinion...as happy as I was Evan hit that shot...I was so frustrated we werent up double digits....dont care about home court advantages, refs., etc.....this in not that good a team we played and if we don't smack them Feb. 28th...will be annoyed again....but, winning is all that matters so GREAT JOB BOYS!!

Pomeroy still has us losing that game.

Albany Fri Feb 13 NJIT L, 66-65 44%

And to add, as of this morning of the games remaining the only game they predict us to lose is NJIT, they predict us to win the other 8 games.

I know we have Stony Brook 3 days later.

Greene needs to get some reps, because as much as WB likes to go with a 7-8 guys, I think the bench has enough depth where he doesn't really have to. Also, its pretty crazy that UA only had four players make a basket: Singletary, Sanders, Mike and Sam.

As for the second half of conference play, I am looking to see how Mike continues to progress, as he has been really solid over the first stretch of AE play. Also, a bit more consistency from Baker and Ennema, and of course, hoping Mrs. Hooley has a full recovery.

As I said the other day, would have been really annoyed had we lost this game..I am in the minority here, but, I saw NOTHING from Vt. that shows me how the heck they have the league record they do...other than O'Day...Nothing in my opinion...as happy as I was Evan hit that shot...I was so frustrated we werent up double digits....dont care about home court advantages, refs., etc.....this in not that good a team we played and if we don't smack them Feb. 28th...will be annoyed again....but, winning is all that matters so GREAT JOB BOYS!!

I agree 100%. Not at all impressed with vt [ok defensively good, but that is about it]. Playing a little what if: if Ennema and Baker {seconding trumpet} ever find their shots more consistently and if of course Peter returns, this UA team could sweep the second half also. Also, without the missed "bunnies" yesterday that game would not have been close.

Also, agree with those recommending less minutes and more rest for starters.

Edited by dslyank