UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl 2/7 Lowell

4468 is now the capacity?

Heard that. Maybe they finally recounted the seats after adding the extra chairbacks a few years ago?

Re turnovers, a couple were VERY bad passes that Sanders made, but the rest I thought were trouble with quickness of Lowell's four-guard lineup. The UML comeback was against man, so we can't blame a zone this time.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard staff say its almost sold out.

When calculating whether our game is sold out do they include all season tickets that were sold already regardless of whether the person shows up?

I believe most venues count tickets sold not people who walk through the door.

Yes it is usually tickets sold although some teams pad that by removing additional "unsold" tickets from the ticketing system.

Example LCC who actually put this disclaimer on their last box score.

ATTENDANCE INDICATES TICKETS OFF THE SYSTEM, INCLUDES SEASON TICKETS

Comment from a UMass-Lowell fan on the way out "That's the worst undefeated team I have ever seen! They are terrible!" From what he saw, the comment was probably appropriate. Fortunately, we have had a lot better nights than last night. But we did win according to the scoreboard and by next week everyone will have forgotten how we won.

Comment from a UMass-Lowell fan on the way out "That's the worst undefeated team I have ever seen! They are terrible!" From what he saw, the comment was probably appropriate. Fortunately, we have had a lot better nights than last night. But we did win according to the scoreboard and by next week everyone will have forgotten how we won.

Have to laugh at being so bitter...

Didn't know they had a fan..... niicccceeeee

Great crowd tonight. The suspense kept most of them there late. Hopefully they'll be back.

Slick new shirts on the pep band. I have to admit, I'm not hippie but I like the tie-dyed stuff better. Sound was great.

We're not playing at a high level for 40 minutes but getting away with it for now.

A few games ago we were worried that only four guys scored. Tonight eight guys played and all of them scored and all of them grabbed at least one rebound.

We're 11-0 and I'm cranky about a 10 point win in front of a sell-out crowd. That's actually a pretty good place to be.

The shirts are definitely a work in progress. Being sent back to have some UAlbany logos and such embroidered, as they were just plain polos. Having been up with the band Saturday, they are as loud as ever, best sounding drums we might have ever had. And still ruthless to opposing teams (especially #23 after he nullified the Lowell and-1, followed by committing a charge on his next dunk attempt). Really nice to be back at SEFCU.

As a former MS/HS band geek, the band is definitely rockin this year. Ever since the Marching Band got created, the pep band has stepped their game up. Are these the same kids or different kids from the Marching Band?

Edited by Ilko

As a former MS/HS band geek, the band is definitely rockin this year. Ever since the Marching Band got created, the pep band has stepped their game up. Are these the same kids or different kids from the Marching Band?

About half the band is made up of who was there last year, but it seems to have doubled with new students over winter break. So most of the new members were not in marching band during the fall, which could be awesome if they stick around and come back for next football season. The band is also starting to table and work the open houses to drive recruitment, as well as sending out information to high schools across NYS.